WBAUnofficial
Certain posters... - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Certain posters... (/showthread.php?tid=11065)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Certain posters... - Baggie_Nick - 07-02-2020

(07-02-2020, 08:35 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 07:25 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 07:16 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 07:14 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 04:56 PM)baggpuss Wrote: I would have - but the anal bleaching parlour had just re-opened! Blush

That's where I was!

Big Grin

I thought your name had a certain ring to it!!  Big Grin

He did a good job.

You could eat your dinner off it!
What was for dinner Nick? Spunk sandwiches?  Big Grin

Manmade mayo!

RE: Certain posters... - Duffers - 07-02-2020

(07-02-2020, 12:44 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 10:04 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 09:57 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 09:13 AM)Duffers Wrote: Strange how you never hear from them after a win...

This dump will be busy next year, then.

Without doubt. Can’t wait the barrage of complaints and cries of “disgrace” when we lose at Anfield.

I think some people just genuinely enjoy having a moan.

(Unlike me, who enjoys moaning about moaners....)

We rarely lose at Anfield these days  Wink

(07-02-2020, 12:34 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 12:24 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 09:37 AM)Duffers Wrote: I was more of the likes of Mad who we hear fuck all from for months when things are going well. Then suddenly on hand to declare us destined for the playoffs. Or Athers who is quick to declare any defeat an “embarrassment”.

Interesting that other posters think it’s about them though...

You don't arf talk some bollox lad

Hey Athers! How are you?

Considering the dark and difficult times we're enduring, very good mate.  I'm one of the fortunate few retired bods, don't know how many people are going to get through this, absolutely devastating on the whole.  

How's the Family, well I hope?  Saw my Grand-kids the other week for the first time since Feb and they're wonderful, love em to bits.  Family's the most important thing - after the Brom of course  Big Grin  

Will be down to the Tate to see the Warhol exhibition when it reopens,  so will give you a shout for a beer if you're around.  Went to the exhibition at the Whitney last year which was brilliant, but the Tate is meant to be even better so really looking forward to it.

(07-02-2020, 10:31 AM)billybassett Wrote: A bit of lack of perspective after Brentford tbh by some. We could be at our best and not come away with anything from that. Blues could easily have been a scrappy 1-0 as we dominated really.

But last night shows the gaffer was on top of it - making changes, even if all of them didn't work, and then subs which definitely did. It also showed second half that the guys are up for a fight.

I don't want to get on players backs.... but I am... Sawyers again was meh, Diangana doesn't look happy let alone fit, Zohore should be put on a boat to somewhere.

On the positives Bartley did well, Hegazi immense, Gibbs solid, O'Shea dropped in and did well and second half Pereira with a bit of space and some help showed why we signed him.

Follow this up on Saturday with any kind of win - 1-0 to us in any way shape or form and the bounce back has been excellent

Zohore lol.  Given arf hour in the last 6 months!   Has scored 5 in 6 starts.

Family is very well thanks Athers. Boy is just coming up to three months, time is flying!

Let me know when you’re down. Will happily buy you a pint.

RE: Certain posters... - Hopalong - 07-02-2020

(07-02-2020, 08:54 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 12:44 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 10:04 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 09:57 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 09:13 AM)Duffers Wrote: Strange how you never hear from them after a win...

This dump will be busy next year, then.

Without doubt. Can’t wait the barrage of complaints and cries of “disgrace” when we lose at Anfield.

I think some people just genuinely enjoy having a moan.

(Unlike me, who enjoys moaning about moaners....)

We rarely lose at Anfield these days  Wink

(07-02-2020, 12:34 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 12:24 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 09:37 AM)Duffers Wrote: I was more of the likes of Mad who we hear fuck all from for months when things are going well. Then suddenly on hand to declare us destined for the playoffs. Or Athers who is quick to declare any defeat an “embarrassment”.

Interesting that other posters think it’s about them though...

You don't arf talk some bollox lad

Hey Athers! How are you?

Considering the dark and difficult times we're enduring, very good mate.  I'm one of the fortunate few retired bods, don't know how many people are going to get through this, absolutely devastating on the whole.  

How's the Family, well I hope?  Saw my Grand-kids the other week for the first time since Feb and they're wonderful, love em to bits.  Family's the most important thing - after the Brom of course  Big Grin  

Will be down to the Tate to see the Warhol exhibition when it reopens,  so will give you a shout for a beer if you're around.  Went to the exhibition at the Whitney last year which was brilliant, but the Tate is meant to be even better so really looking forward to it.

(07-02-2020, 10:31 AM)billybassett Wrote: A bit of lack of perspective after Brentford tbh by some. We could be at our best and not come away with anything from that. Blues could easily have been a scrappy 1-0 as we dominated really.

But last night shows the gaffer was on top of it - making changes, even if all of them didn't work, and then subs which definitely did. It also showed second half that the guys are up for a fight.

I don't want to get on players backs.... but I am... Sawyers again was meh, Diangana doesn't look happy let alone fit, Zohore should be put on a boat to somewhere.

On the positives Bartley did well, Hegazi immense, Gibbs solid, O'Shea dropped in and did well and second half Pereira with a bit of space and some help showed why we signed him.

Follow this up on Saturday with any kind of win - 1-0 to us in any way shape or form and the bounce back has been excellent

Zohore lol.  Given arf hour in the last 6 months!   Has scored 5 in 6 starts.

Family is very well thanks Athers. Boy is just coming up to three months, time is flying!

Let me know when you’re down. Will happily buy you a pint.

Will do Duffers.  Us old pensioners need looking after  Big Grin

RE: Certain posters... - Fulham Fallout - 07-03-2020

Make sure you go to the correct “Tate” museum athers. It’s Tate modern you want on bankside. I used to work a 1 min walk away from there and would have a coffee and loads of fags sat outside the founders arms overlooking the river every “lunch“ break.

When outside the Tate, keep your eyes on the top of the Tate tower and the surrounding sky and listen out for bird screeches as peregrine falcons nest on the top of the tower.

For a great “free” view over London, go to the “duck and waffle” at the top of heron tower on bishopsgate (nearest tube is Liverpool st). The drinks are pricey but the views are excellent. The lifts are glass walled and they shoot up like a rocket!!

RE: Certain posters... - Hopalong - 07-03-2020

(07-03-2020, 04:45 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Make sure you go to the correct “Tate” museum athers.  It’s Tate modern you want on bankside.  I used to work a 1 min walk away from there and would have a coffee and loads of fags sat outside the founders arms overlooking the river every “lunch“ break.

When outside the Tate, keep your eyes on the top of the Tate tower and the surrounding sky and listen out for bird screeches as peregrine falcons nest on the top of the tower.

For a great “free” view over London, go to the “duck and waffle” at the top of heron tower on bishopsgate (nearest tube is Liverpool st).  The drinks are pricey but the views are excellent. The lifts are glass walled and they shoot up like a rocket!!

Cheers FF, really helpful as I haven't got access to t'internet  Big Grin.   

Aye, my Daughter took me to the D & W about 10 years ago, not been able to afford to go out since.   Wink