WBAUnofficial
Furloughing - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Politics (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Furloughing (/showthread.php?tid=10311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Furloughing - baggy1 - 05-12-2020

to be extended to the end of October. And also from July gives the ability for people to return part-time. Excellent news, Ruching Sunak - take a bow.

RE: Furloughing - Protheroe - 05-12-2020

Mass fraud awaits. Bravo.

Still no explanation why helicopter money wouldn't have been easier to administer & more transparent.

RE: Furloughing - baggy1 - 05-12-2020

I didn't get the explanation as to why my fairy dust idea wouldn't have been easier as well so I feel your pain

Unnecessary and pissy - apologies  Angel

RE: Furloughing - JOK - 05-12-2020

I’d have though you would have had more trust and faith in Business Bosses Proth.

RE: Furloughing - Protheroe - 05-12-2020

(05-12-2020, 02:33 PM)JOK Wrote: I’d have though you would have had more trust and faith in Business Bosses Proth.

It's not businesses I have the problem with, it's government.

Why do something simple and far more beneficial to ordinary people when you can set up a new bureaucracy horribly open to fraud instead?

It's fucking pathetic.

Is part of the problem that if you don't have the individual tied to the employer (i.e paying them through helicopter payments) then the employer is in breach of contract if they don't pay the individual? Therefore the obvious route around that is furlough which avoids laying the staff off and potentially facing redundancy payments, it also means that the employer also has the option of paying the extra 20% if they want. It also means that the employer will be able to pick up with the existing staff as soon as they are allowed to.

What would be the position if companies had just stopped paying employees?

RE: Furloughing - Bromley Baggie 2 - 05-12-2020

(05-12-2020, 12:18 PM)baggy1 Wrote: to be extended to the end of October. And also from July gives the ability for people to return part-time. Excellent news, Ruching Sunak - take a bow.

It also says that companies will have to start helping out with the furlough payments to their employees from August. I'm worried about that.

As most of you know, I work in event security. The company I work for employs over 600 people. Yet without sporting events and concerts, we have no work and there is no sign of them resuming any time soon. I doubt very much that the company can afford to help pay all 600+ employees.

Without looking at the detail BB, I think that is when employers can only bring staff back part time and the govt will still cover the, for the diff between that and 80% of full time

RE: Furloughing - FenlandBoing - 05-12-2020

Where the biggest fraud may lie - though not in the legal sense is in big retailers/businesses who have furllowed staff for all this time, knowing once the govt payments stop then they will be going into administration and then make 1000's redundant. Probably coupled with the same companies pension funds being revealed as deficient too!

RE: Furloughing - Protheroe - 05-13-2020

(05-12-2020, 07:19 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote: Where the biggest fraud may lie - though not in the legal sense is in big retailers/businesses who have furllowed staff for all this time, knowing once the govt payments stop then they will be going into administration and then make 1000's redundant. Probably coupled with the same companies pension funds being revealed as deficient too!

BINGO