your most surreal experience...
Having played in bands since the late '50s, Skiffle, Rock 'n' Roll, and latterly Country, I've had one or two, but my stand out one was I think, back in the early 60s. At that time we worked on the Plaza Ballroom circuit round the Brum area, doing R'n'R, as a support band to the chart bands. I couldn't believe it when we were booked to support at the Old Hill Plaza, the one and only Jerry Lee Lewis!!  
What an incredible night! After the show, we sat in the dressing room drinking with JLL and his band, Jerry and his lads on "Jack D"from the bottle, us lot on Banks's! He was wearing a red velvet suit, sweating like a pig, his blonde wavy hair hanging down, speaking in that deep Southern drawl. After 60 odd years that picture still remains as clear as a bell now. IMO Jerry was the best R n Roller of em all...still is!
Excellent. True legend.
When serving in the RAF in the eighties , I came down with some flu bug or something. Went to the medic, who gave me a form to be off duty for 3 days, and a spoonful of some medicine, she said to go to bed and relax. I still remember the dream I had after, me, Sherlock Holmes, Dr Watson and some weird Americans were fighting Adolf Hitler, Goebbels and some other weirdos on the car park at Dudley leisure centre.
Mine was in a village in Tuscana in my ex partner's grandparents sunken kitchen with their family (all Italian) having a traditional Easter meal. Looking out of the only window in the sunken kitchen (which was at street level) and seeing people's feet walk by on the pedestrian street whilst sat at a table with everyone talking in Italian (which I couldn't understand) was surreal faw shaw.
Get ScoreyWitt on line one now!
Got chatted up and asked out by a model on the Volvo stand at the Motorshow in 2000. She was utterly gorgeous. I wasn’t. Surreal
(04-02-2020, 11:49 AM)ferencpuskas Wrote: Having played in bands since the late '50s, Skiffle, Rock 'n' Roll, and latterly Country, I've had one or two, but my stand out one was I think, back in the early 60s. At that time we worked on the Plaza Ballroom circuit round the Brum area, doing R'n'R, as a support band to the chart bands. I couldn't believe it when we were booked to support at the Old Hill Plaza, the one and only Jerry Lee Lewis!!  
What an incredible night! After the show, we sat in the dressing room drinking with JLL and his band, Jerry and his lads on "Jack D" us lot on Banks's! He was wearing a red velvet suit, sweating like a pig, his blonde wavy hair hanging down, speaking in that deep Southern drawl. After 60 odd years that picture still remains as clear as a bell now. IMO Jerry was the best R n Roller of em all...still is!
Great story!.. What did u play??
(04-02-2020, 03:40 PM)baggie93 Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 11:49 AM)ferencpuskas Wrote: Having played in bands since the late '50s, Skiffle, Rock 'n' Roll, and latterly Country, I've had one or two, but my stand out one was I think, back in the early 60s. At that time we worked on the Plaza Ballroom circuit round the Brum area, doing R'n'R, as a support band to the chart bands. I couldn't believe it when we were booked to support at the Old Hill Plaza, the one and only Jerry Lee Lewis!!  
What an incredible night! After the show, we sat in the dressing room drinking with JLL and his band, Jerry and his lads on "Jack D" us lot on Banks's! He was wearing a red velvet suit, sweating like a pig, his blonde wavy hair hanging down, speaking in that deep Southern drawl. After 60 odd years that picture still remains as clear as a bell now. IMO Jerry was the best R n Roller of em all...still is!
Great story!.. What did u play??
What did I ? vocals /guitar and a bit of keys. 50s 60s RnR, still do now, only 1/2 a month, and still singing the same stuff, and the old uns still love it, and still boppin, some of em that is  Big Grin Big Grin
This sight going awol for an hour stating account suspended.
Having a piss next to that rock legend and dingle twat Robert Plant.