Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tonight's dinner
(10-12-2017, 02:01 PM)Foo Fighters Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 01:32 PM)Foo Fighters Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:53 PM)TheUnit Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:33 PM)Foo Fighters Wrote: Indian butter chicken which will have marinated for 24 hours by the time I come to cook it.  Served with a naan.

You'll never get back into those jeans!

Heart

Arf. Everything in moderation and that will be my only food for today.

Usually I cook a tomato based curry which has little fat in it. 

Anyhow, by the time I cook tonight I will have walked about 20 miles today and that's about 2000 calories burnt so I have a shit load of calorie defect, even after the curry.

(10-12-2017, 02:01 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:33 PM)Foo Fighters Wrote: Indian butter chicken which will have marinated for 24 hours by the time I come to cook it.  Served with a naan.

Technically shouldn't butter chicken have been yesterday's Tandoori that's been reheated with a fast gravy?

No wonder the ones from the restaurants taste like shit. Dirty bastards.

20 miles? Don't you have a job?
(10-12-2017, 02:10 PM)TheUnit Wrote:

Heart

Anyhow, by the time I cook tonight I will have walked about 20 miles today and that's about 2000 calories burnt so I have a shit load of calorie defect, even after the curry.

Technically shouldn't butter chicken have been yesterday's Tandoori that's been reheated with a fast gravy?

20 miles? Don't you have a job?

Not at the moment, so using the opportunity to get fit
Tonight it's going to be chicken and king prawn Thai Green poached in coconut milk served with Jasmine rice.

Nibbles of spicy prawn crackers with sweet chilli dipping sauce while cooking the main.

Washed down with a 'couple' of cheeky little Peronis and a shared bottle of Pinot Grigio.
No idea until I get home in 20 mins & find out what delights Mrs CIM has cooked up

Heart

It's how they do it on the subcontinent!

Heart

Wink ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndcPtU6Imc0
(10-12-2017, 04:43 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote:

Heart

Restaurant curries are ace - don't be so snobby. I have some cracking recipes which make awesome curries. A lot of cooking is technique (perhaps this is something you're lacking) and in particular with restaurant (style) curries it's the near burning (or caramelisation of spice) to get the depth of flavour quickly along with a gravy which is made by slow cooking onions to get the sweetness that is absent with tomato based curries. Get it right and it works. I've even Pakistani folk compliment me on my curries* But alas not my T-shirt...

*Dirty muzzas obviously...(some restaurant owners) whom I've got to know shopping at Zaf's Cash and carry in Sparkbrook - really nice folk who, although obviously Jihadists who were planning to slit my throat, having seen a white Englishman taking a real interest in their cuisine were more than happy to let me into their kitchens and see proper skilled chef's prepare top food. They are superb at what they do.

Heart

Restaurant curries are ace - don't be so snobby. I have some cracking recipes which make awesome curries. A lot of cooking is technique (perhaps this is something you're lacking) and in particular with restaurant (style) curries it's the near burning (or caramelisation of spice) to get the depth of flavour quickly along with a gravy which is made by slow cooking onions to get the sweetness that is absent with tomato based curries. Get it right and it works. I've even Pakistani folk compliment me on my curries* But alas not my T-shirt...

*Dirty muzzas obviously...(some restaurant owners) whom I've got to know shopping at Zaf's Cash and carry in Sparkbrook - really nice folk who, although obviously Jihadists who were planning to slit my throat, having seen a white Englishman taking a real interest in their cuisine were more than happy to let me into their kitchens and see proper skilled chef's prepare top food. They are superb at what they do.

Heart

Read SW's post again and my reply and then give yourself a whoosh for writing such a lengthy post. I'm glad GON saw the joke.
(10-12-2017, 05:31 PM)Foo Fighters Wrote: Read SW's post again and my reply and then give yourself a whoosh for writing such a lengthy post. I'm glad GON saw the joke.

Ah.

Whoosh taken. And apologies.

Bad day...
Salmon, veg and being as it's thirsty Thursday a few beers.