Johnson vows to ramp up testing.
This is the seventh or eighth time I've heard him say that yet within days we find out even less testing has taken place.

Tory MPs cheer as they refuse nurses a pay rise.
The press conferences / briefings are becoming a joke. Hardly any straight answers to direct questions, mikes turned off for follow up questions and now the Telegraph and Mail are leading with criticism of the government.
Even the blindest of the blind on here must be close to accepting the truth.

The warnings were there

The preparation has been woeful

The herd strategy was suicidal

The rhetoric on both the medical and economic response far outweighs the reality 

Absolute shambles
We've now overtaken Italy and have yet to start plateauing which isn't very good
(04-02-2020, 09:23 AM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote: We've now overtaken Italy and have yet to start plateauing which isn't very good

In what metric have we now "overtaken Italy"?
(04-02-2020, 11:10 AM)fbaggy Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 09:23 AM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote: We've now overtaken Italy and have yet to start plateauing which isn't very good

[Image: http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-pro...&width=490]

That one, our death rate has overtaken Italy's.
(04-02-2020, 02:16 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:

[Image: EUmeTpAWAAUgBI9?format=jpg&name=large]
all sorts of stats out there regarding cumulative deaths and a lot depends on where your starting point for comparison is (i.e what is day zero) along the timeline of the epidemic in each country. Foe example Germany lauded as an example of how to tackle the virus is tracking higher than the UK on both graphs.
(04-02-2020, 02:44 PM)fbaggy Wrote:

[Image: EUmeTpAWAAUgBI9?format=jpg&name=large]
all sorts of stats out there regarding cumulative deaths and a lot depends on where your starting point for comparison is (i.e what is day zero) along the timeline of the epidemic in each country. Foe example Germany lauded as an example of how to tackle the virus is tracking higher than the UK on both graphs.

I mentioned Italy specifically because they have a significantly older population. The UK is higher than Germany on the FT graph and it shows death rate, not cumulative deaths.

I'll go back to my other point as well, we've not started to plateau. If you look at both graphs Italy had started to plateau and the rate was going down at this point, it isn't for us.
If this is Boris Ramping Up god help us when we ramp down.
(04-02-2020, 03:06 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 02:44 PM)fbaggy Wrote:

I mentioned Italy specifically because they have a significantly older population. The UK is higher than Germany on the FT graph and it shows death rate, not cumulative deaths.

I'll go back to my other point as well, we've not started to plateau. If you look at both graphs Italy had started to plateau and the rate was going down at this point, it isn't for us.

I'm not saying your statement was intrinsically wrong or inaccurate but however you splice it the loss of lives is terrible across the world and I dearly hope that it can be kept as low as possible.