Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best chowder in the world
(10-12-2017, 10:47 AM)Foo Fighters Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 10:45 AM)bangalorebaggie Wrote: You can tell its been an International break when we have a post about fucking soup.

Soups are boss. I need to make a cream of garlic when the weather gets a bit colder as that's another of my favourite soups.

Best soup I've ever had was in a family restaurant in Boeblingen (near Stuttgart) when I worked out there for a bit. The boy who ran the place was a celebrity chef on regional telly who only used local ingredients and every now and again would make pear soup. Absolutely fantastic, that was. Must find the recipe for it at some stage.
(10-12-2017, 10:52 AM)Fido Wrote: Best soup I've ever had was in a family restaurant in Boeblingen (near Stuttgart) when I worked out there for a bit. The boy who ran the place was a celebrity chef on regional telly who only used local ingredients and every now and again would make pear soup. Absolutely fantastic, that was. Must find the recipe for it at some stage.

Pear soup?! Jog on. I bet you put pineapple on pizza as well, you fockin wrong 'un
(10-12-2017, 10:49 AM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 10:45 AM)bangalorebaggie Wrote: You can tell its been an International break when we have a post about fucking soup.

Soups are boss. I need to make a cream of garlic when the weather gets a bit colder as that's another of my favourite soups.

Leek and potato or carrot and coriander are my personal favourites. Also, you can't beat a pressure cooker for making soups.

I may struggle attempting to roast garlic cloves in a pressure cooker
(10-12-2017, 10:54 AM)Foo Fighters Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 10:49 AM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:

Leek and potato or carrot and coriander are my personal favourites. Also, you can't beat a pressure cooker for making soups.

I may struggle attempting to roast garlic cloves in a pressure cooker

Good point and well made.
(10-12-2017, 10:53 AM)P_K Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 10:52 AM)Fido Wrote: Best soup I've ever had was in a family restaurant in Boeblingen (near Stuttgart) when I worked out there for a bit. The boy who ran the place was a celebrity chef on regional telly who only used local ingredients and every now and again would make pear soup. Absolutely fantastic, that was. Must find the recipe for it at some stage.

Pear soup?! Jog on. I bet you put pineapple on pizza as well, you fockin wrong 'un

It was the bollocks. A pear of bollocks, even.
I once had some Korean meatballs that really were the dog's bollocks.
(10-12-2017, 10:40 AM)Foo Fighters Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 10:38 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 06:43 AM)Foo Fighters Wrote: I do like seafood chowder and they're quite easy and quick to make.

3 hours since you posted this and no-one has asked if you BBQed it. This place ay what it used etc.

Arf. The forecast for the weekend is dry so I may get the BBQ on and smoke some jerk chicken.

A chicken gives up his life to allow you to BBQ in October and you call it a jerk, ungrateful git
Impossible to see or hear the word chowder without remembering this.

https://youtu.be/2-bbYH_akHg
Seafood/Fish chowder in Seattle is pretty good
"Seafood" is a stupid word.

Are cows, pigs and chickens "Landfood"?