Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulis named as a potential for next Wales boss
(10-11-2017, 08:54 PM)Big Cyrille Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 05:35 PM)Duffmon Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 05:01 PM)Big Cyrille Wrote: We would survive even if he went fuck him off if he gets offered the job

Maybe be would. Waiting though would give us time to see who's out there, identify targets and start planning, rather than just grabbing the first Pardew who turns up.

Surely they must have this as a scenario just in case he wants to go to Wales if Coleman quits

Yes. We'll get Coleman.
I'm sure Pulis has said in the past that he'd like to manage Wales at the end of his career.

(10-11-2017, 09:08 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: I'm sure Pulis has said in the past that he'd like to manage Wales at the end of his career.

Yes he did. As a proud Welshman I hope he gets that chance. If he walks away from the Albion then he does so with his head held high.

Gary Megson, anyone?  Big Grin
No fucking chance.
(10-11-2017, 09:10 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 09:08 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: I'm sure Pulis has said in the past that he'd like to manage Wales at the end of his career.

Yes he did. As a proud Welshman I hope he gets that chance. If he walks away from the Albion then he does so with his head held high.

Gary Megson, anyone?  Big Grin

If he's not seen as an obvious heir to the throne then I'm not sure what the point of bringing him back was. You hardly needed someone to add a defensive element to the gameplan.

Pulis as an international manager might be interesting. He would no longer be in survival mode where staying up is an objective, here would have to go out and try to win something.
He may just fancy it himself as well once he feels his club career is done, give him a chance to rid himself of the Pulisouris tag?

(10-11-2017, 10:11 PM)King Astle Wrote: Pulis as an international manager might be interesting. He would no longer be in survival mode where staying up is an objective, here would have to go out and try to win something.
He may just fancy it himself as well once he feels his club career is done, give him a chance to rid himself of the Pulisouris tag?

It would definitely be interesting. 

On the one hand, he could give a semi-decent team like Wales the discipline and shape to turn them into a team like the Euro winning Greek team. 

On the other hand, when Stoke played away in Europe, he more or less admitted that the league form the following game went to pot because with the travelling, he'd not had chance to work with the players on the shape of the team. And these were players who'd had the shape drilled into them week-in and week-out, in some cases for years. How would he deal with players who'd spent time doing other stuff at their clubs, and who he'd only have a short time to work with?

He's definitely earned a shot at it though.

(10-11-2017, 05:30 PM)superbobby Wrote: Won't happen.

Coleman has been on £300k a year. Pulis gets more than that for a bonus every May.

Exactly. The Wales job is not a step up from a prem job in a million years, and pays no where near as well, as you say.

It might well suit him at the end of his club career but ain't happening at the moment.
(10-11-2017, 11:14 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 05:30 PM)superbobby Wrote: Won't happen.

Coleman has been on £300k a year. Pulis gets more than that for a bonus every May.

Exactly. The Wales job is not a step up from a prem job in a million years, and pays no where near as well, as you say.

It might well suit him at the end of his club career but ain't happening at the moment.

I agree, I think would be the perfect option for Pulis at the end of his career made all the better by the fact he is a proud Welshman.  The only issue for him is timing.  Presumably the Welsh will want someone in now and he has said he plans to be with us until the next of next season.   Cue press conference and Big Sam in the East Stand car park.
(10-11-2017, 03:59 PM)ASOGF Wrote: When did PK change his screen name?

As if I would ever put asterisks in the word "fucking."

You fucking prick.