Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chadli
This had been done to death so many times. It's impossible to play to the strength of every player in the team, Pulis needs to be better at playing to chadlis strengths because he's one of the most talented we have.

Chadli needs to put the effort in regardless of what he is asked to do.

It's both. Ends.
(10-11-2017, 12:34 PM)ASOGF Wrote: Well we played him further forwards and people were crying out for Morrison. I think only those with the strongest anti Pulis glasses will fail to see that he stopped putting in effort once he got back in the Belgium team. Hopefully he'll realise he has to fight for his place in the world cup now, as he's arguably our most talented player. It's down to both the manager and the player to get the best out of him.

He was great until his injury. That was the main reason for the downward spiral I thought. Never really got much game time as a 10 after that.
 He was as guilty as the rest, manager included,  for the poor form March onwards.
(10-11-2017, 12:37 PM)ASOGF Wrote: This had been done to death so many times. It's impossible to play to the strength of every player in the team, Pulis needs to be better at playing to chadlis strengths because he's one of the most talented we have.

It's both. Ends.

I don't disagree. Play him as a 10, if he doesn't make that work he shouldn't get picked ahead of others.
(10-11-2017, 12:40 PM)richbaggie Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 12:37 PM)ASOGF Wrote: This had been done to death so many times. It's impossible to play to the strength of every player in the team, Pulis needs to be better at playing to chadlis strengths because he's one of the most talented we have.

It's both. Ends.

I don't disagree. Play him as a 10, if he doesn't make that work he shouldn't get picked ahead of others.

Fuck that, we've got Livermore for that spot
(10-11-2017, 12:38 PM)richbaggie Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 12:34 PM)ASOGF Wrote: Well we played him further forwards and people were crying out for Morrison. I think only those with the strongest anti Pulis glasses will fail to see that he stopped putting in effort once he got back in the Belgium team. Hopefully he'll realise he has to fight for his place in the world cup now, as he's arguably our most talented player. It's down to both the manager and the player to get the best out of him.

He was great until his injury. That was the main reason for the downward spiral I thought. Never really got much game time as a 10 after that.
 He was as guilty as the rest, manager included,  for the poor form March onwards.

As I said if he does perform it'll be due to the player if he plays anonymously like he did to a much higher standard than others it'll be Pulis, his injury etc. 

The manager needs to play a player in a position he can play comfortably and he did. He may have been more comfortable played in the number 10 role but feck me he did next to nothing for a third of the season at best and that isn't acceptable. Tottenham fans said he goes missing, and anyone who watched there games can vouch for that too. It's not like he's been asked to play centre half.
(10-11-2017, 12:40 PM)richbaggie Wrote:

It's both. Ends.

But is that the no10 that supports the striker or the no10 who's covering both full backs?

There in lies the question. How much licence is a no10 given in a Pulis side? Yes every player has to put the effort in and Chadli is no different but he has to be given the green light to hurt teams and not stiffled due to the shape being too rigid.

Fwiw I don't think he'll start anyway. They'll be a "he's not quite ready" quote I'm sure.
(10-11-2017, 12:50 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

As I said if he does perform it'll be due to the player if he plays anonymously like he did to a much higher standard than others it'll be Pulis, his injury etc. 

The manager needs to play a player in a position he can play comfortably and he did. He may have been more comfortable played in the number 10 role but feck me he did next to nothing for a third of the season at best and that isn't acceptable. Tottenham fans said he goes missing, and anyone who watched there games can vouch for that too. It's not like he's been asked to play centre half.

I wouldn't expect you to be anything but one eyed Derek. You will never offer a balanced view. Unlike Slice. You, Mad and Superbobby are strange bedfellows. You must be proud to be in that minority Big Grin

Is this the third of the season where we were, to a man, fucking woeful and is it also the same third of the season which you keep telling us doesn't count towards TPs recent shite results?

Just asking like.
(10-11-2017, 12:56 PM)richbaggie Wrote:

I wouldn't expect you to be anything but one eyed Derek. You will never offer a balanced view. Unlike Slice. You, Mad and Superbobby are strange bedfellows. You must be proud to be in that minority Big Grin

Perhaps the difference is I can write a balanced argument but where's the fun in that?  Wink IMO Slice is the most sensible poster on here  Heart I just get bored and throw a few hand grenades in.
When Chadli joined he will have known exactly how Pulis' teams plays football, the one thing about our Tone is there is no surprises. He just can't be saying "well I never knew you would want me to track back and defend" because TP has no plan B it's been the same for the last 20 years. It would be like buying a house and then saying "fuck me where did that motorway at the bottom of my garden come from"
The most important contract you have at work is the contract you have with hour boss and like it or lump it is on Chadli to do want Pulis asks him to do and not the other way round.