Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James McLean
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footb...93311.html

This will be a massively controversial article amongst Baggies.
Cracking write up.
(10-10-2017, 04:31 PM)MGalea Wrote: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footb...93311.html

This will be a massively controversial article amongst Baggies.

So does this mean we have to point the finger at a coach who's failing to get this attacking product out of him?

Or is international football just a lot weaker than the PL?
A good player, and seemingly a good man.
But the idea that we've been under-using a potential Gareth Bale is just daft. The Wales v Ireland match was top Championship standard, and since he's a good player at that level, he stands out.  I'm glad he's at our club and he's a useful squad player, but I'd be disappointed if he were a regular starter.
The write up has gone now. I remember James not being able to beat the first man on three consecutive corners and giving a needless free kick away that cost us two points only a week and a half ago. I love the kid though - he's clearly not up to the Prem but gives it 1000% without fail.
celtic bound I guess and we will miss him.
Not quite sure why everyone is saying he is Celtic bound. He is an Irish republican and Celtic are the team of Irish republicans but the fact is both Celtic and Rangers having been trying their level best to step away from their sectarian past. Both clubs regularly, rightly, get grief because a minority, albeit a significant minority, of their support insist on playing out the troubles on the streets of Glasgow. Just pay a visit to the Barrowlands in Glasgow on the night before or after an auld firm game to see it in all its technicolour glory. It's why the Glasgow police have a number of occasions asked for the fixture to be banned. There will be many in the Celtic hierarchy and indeed the Glasgow Police who will say that last thing they need is some Republican martyr pulling on a hooped shirt.
(10-11-2017, 01:07 PM)Votebaggie Wrote: Not quite sure why everyone is saying he is Celtic bound.  He is an Irish republican and Celtic are the team of Irish republicans but the fact is both Celtic and Rangers having been trying their level best to step away from their sectarian past.  Both clubs regularly, rightly, get grief because a minority, albeit a significant minority, of their support insist on playing out the troubles on the streets of Glasgow.  Just pay a visit to the Barrowlands in Glasgow on the night before or after an auld firm game to see it in all its technicolour glory.  It's why the Glasgow police have a number of occasions asked for the fixture to be banned.  There will be many in the Celtic hierarchy and indeed the Glasgow Police who will say that last thing they need is some Republican martyr pulling on a hooped shirt.

Fuck me, I didn't realize he was dead. RIP James.
(10-11-2017, 01:12 PM)Fido Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 01:07 PM)Votebaggie Wrote: Not quite sure why everyone is saying he is Celtic bound.  He is an Irish republican and Celtic are the team of Irish republicans but the fact is both Celtic and Rangers having been trying their level best to step away from their sectarian past.  Both clubs regularly, rightly, get grief because a minority, albeit a significant minority, of their support insist on playing out the troubles on the streets of Glasgow.  Just pay a visit to the Barrowlands in Glasgow on the night before or after an auld firm game to see it in all its technicolour glory.  It's why the Glasgow police have a number of occasions asked for the fixture to be banned.  There will be many in the Celtic hierarchy and indeed the Glasgow Police who will say that last thing they need is some Republican martyr pulling on a hooped shirt.

Fuck me, I didn't realize he was dead. RIP James.

Rolleyes very good for "martyr" read "hero"
(10-11-2017, 01:07 PM)Votebaggie Wrote:  Just pay a visit to the Barrowlands in Glasgow on the night before or after an auld firm game to see it in all its technicolour glory.  

I have done, it was ace.