Dodgy text
Got one today claiming to be from my phone service provider EE. It claims that your bank can't process the payment for your last bill and provides a link to update your bank details. I smelt a rat and called EE who confirmed it was bollox. Beware all it could catch people out.
(03-26-2020, 07:52 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Got one today claiming to be from my phone service provider EE. It claims that your bank can't process the payment for your last bill and provides a link to update your bank details. I smelt a rat and called EE who confirmed it was bollox. Beware all it could catch people out.

Yeah, it's been doing the rounds that one. Sent out randomly I think.
Had it myself even though I'm on Virgin
(03-26-2020, 07:52 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Got one today claiming to be from my phone service provider EE. It claims that your bank can't process the payment for your last bill and provides a link to update your bank details. I smelt a rat and called EE who confirmed it was bollox. Beware all it could catch people out.

I had one too, claiming to be 3mobile. I knew I had paid because I'd had a quick look that morning so deffed it straight away.  Strange thing is, I very seldom give my mobile number out and get hardly any unsolicited stuff.
You are right, It could catch people out.
[Image: 4203889533a5613998047l_400x400.jpg]
A similar scam occasionally does the rounds to those who pay their TV licence by monthly direct debit.