Can I just say a massive thank you!
To those that work in the NHS, those that work in public transport, in science and medicine, supermarkets, carers and those that have volunteered to help in this crisis. 

Hopefully when all this settles down those people are honoured / thanked in some tangible way like tax cuts, discounts in shops etc. Now warning a political point some of those I’ve mentioned are classed as low skilled jobs but when the shit hits the fan who were the people who held this country together?! So when they complain about their wages, or working conditions in better times support them rather than suggest they aren’t important or just moaning.
Hear, hear. Cleaners and shop workers too.
Well said
(03-26-2020, 01:15 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: To those that work in the NHS, those that work in public transport, in science and medicine, supermarkets, carers and those that have volunteered to help in this crisis. 

Hopefully when all this settles down those people are honoured / thanked in some tangible way like tax cuts, discounts in shops etc. Now warning a political point some of those I’ve mentioned are classed as low skilled jobs but when the shit hits the fan who were the people who held this country together?! So when they complain about their wages, or working conditions in better times support them rather than suggest they aren’t important or just moaning.

Sadly most political parties can see no further then the next election. Remembering what they messed up previously is quickly forgotten.
We need long memories after this to remember this and not go back to old ways. Also interestingly on a slightly different tack gp surgeries and hospital emergency departments have been markedly quieter as people aren’t going with menial things. An a and e physio reported to me yesterday that the walking wounded with low grade injuries aren’t going in and by all accounts. This is how a & e should be in normal life.
Agreed.

However all those multi million and billion pound companies will need bail outs and they are obviously far more important.
(03-26-2020, 01:50 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Agreed.

However all those multi million and billion pound companies will need bail outs and they are obviously far more important.

It ain't gonna help if the rest of us have no money. They will have to hand us minions some to spend to get the economy going again. Unless we are going back to the dark ages.
(03-26-2020, 01:53 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 01:50 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Agreed.

It ain't gonna help if the rest of us have no money. They will have to hand us minions some to spend to get the economy going again. Unless we are going back to the dark ages.

It'll trickle down, it'll be fine.

I am being sarcastic, isolation is doing some strange things to me admittedly.
I think we can have a separate thread for the moral free businesses and their bosses! The list is getting longer by the day.
(03-26-2020, 01:55 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I think we can have a separate thread for the moral free businesses and their bosses! The list is getting longer by the day.

Really is, a lot of boycotting by my family after this I tell you.

To go back to the OP though, yes big praise to all mentioned.

See Asda gave their staff a weeks pay as a bonus for these times. Good to see.