Lockdown Food
We had Omelette today with diced; onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, birds eye chilli's, cheese and topped with sliced salad tomatoes, it was gorgeous!

We wouldn't normally eat such things, any others out there creating and cooking things you wouldn't normally prepare?
Been using the slow cooker a lot. Fill it full of veg and spices, cook for ages then blend. Can usually get enough produce in your typical slow cooker to make a weeks worth for two people.
I love a good stew in the slow cooker!
(03-25-2020, 02:00 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: I love a good stew in the slow cooker!

That must be a fucking big cooker!
Amazing how much better I feel despite only having been in lockdown for a few days.

Not having kids, I can sleep in til 8am most mornings, have breakfast, actually eat the fruit that I buy instead of wasting it through being at work, and cooking freshly each night instead of getting home tired and disinterested in cooking.

Long may this continue!
(03-25-2020, 02:11 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 02:00 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: I love a good stew in the slow cooker!

That must be a fucking big cooker!

5 litres!
(03-25-2020, 02:13 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Amazing how much better I feel despite only having been in lockdown for a few days.

Not having kids, I can sleep in til 8am most mornings, have breakfast, actually eat the fruit that I buy instead of wasting it through being at work, and cooking freshly each night instead of getting home tired and disinterested in cooking.

Long may this continue!
Its a terrible terrible thing but there have been certain positives to come out of it. They couldn't have had a better method to reduce pollution and get air quality improved in such a short space of time. People have had to discipline themselves. Maybe when this is over a lot of people might be more thankful for things they take for granted.
I'm eating food by sell by date order. A bit Russian Roulette. Forgot how nice a cheese sandwich could be
Having the time to cook and not actually through things away as said further up are definite advantages to this sad situation. It is also a time to find some little gems in petrol stations and corner shops. Needed fuel a few days ago and it has an M&S shop within. Found there Salted Caramel Whips (like a walnut whip but a million times better) and we have since found ourselves walking that way as part of our daily exercise.
Beef Chilli in the slow cooker today, should be enough for at least 2 days