Lockdown Food
(03-25-2020, 02:49 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: I'm eating food by sell by date order. A bit Russian Roulette. Forgot how nice a cheese sandwich could be

Only one to worry about is Use By - the rest are quality assurances only. Best Before (End) simply means after that date the food may not be as great as it was, but there's no harm in eating it. Use by you really shouldn't go past, but I do from time to time.

I used to work at a place that tested food, there's not that much that will do you any major harm.
I had a cottage pie on the 24th found in the back of fridge use by the 18th.it was delicious!!
Green lentils and veggie curry with rice tonight. Who thought lentils could be nice!
Blast from the past - Sausage, onions, mashed potato with gravey - you forget how good the old simple meals used to be.
Minced turkey thigh with king prawn Thai green curry and jasmine rice. Rather yum.
Lentil, chickpea and chicken Indian curry tonight which will be cooked from scratch.
(03-28-2020, 11:18 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Lentil, chickpea and chicken Indian curry tonight which will be cooked from scratch.

Horrible things.
(03-29-2020, 06:32 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 11:18 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Lentil, chickpea and chicken Indian curry tonight which will be cooked from scratch.

Horrible things.

I decided to leave those out as it happened as there were more lentils that I had envisaged.

Chickpeas are at their best when used to make hummus.
Lovely spinach, pea and tomato daal on Friday.
Yesterday's was carrot, squash, haricot bean and spelt stew cooked in peat smoked ale (part of a mixed box and too rank to drink).
Lovely x 2
Spag Bol tonight, firm fave in our house.

Haven't tried a slow cooked version though, I imagine the spaghetti wouldn't turn out to well.