Anyone tried to register employees for Furloughing or what ever it's called
(03-25-2020, 01:18 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Trying to help my BIL out to register a couple of his employees for this furlough status. Can't see how you do it - i would have thought it would have been front and centre of the HMRC website.

Got your message bud, sent reply via e-mail. Hope it helps

.pdf   Furlough-leave-_CJRS-QA.pdf_EMP34_0_30328877.pdf (Size: 313.57 KB / Downloads: 11)

This is the latest advice we've had.

In short - not up and running yet.  Nothing, as yet, for self employed.

One man band small limited companies without premises are fucked.
anyone got any idea where contractors working through an umbrella company stand currently if they have been given notice by the primary contract?
(03-25-2020, 03:46 PM)fbaggy Wrote: anyone got any idea where contractors working through an umbrella company stand currently if they have been given notice by the primary contract?

Go through the filed I've uploaded, there's a bit about agency workers, not sure it mentions umbrella companies.  You have your own limited company status?

If you're earning the £8.5k pa  and taking dividends as a shareholder\director then there's nowt atm.  Your "salary" is for your director duties not for your work otherwise you'd be subject to NMW legislation.  And every company needs a director so I'm not seeing how the 80% can apply in these instances.

Won't be covered under self employment as not self employed.
(03-25-2020, 02:24 PM)strawman Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 02:19 PM)Cuzer Wrote: My brother is self employed and basically thinks he's up shit creek without a paddle, any of those in the know can tell me different?

Cuzer

Not in the know but there is an amendment to the Coronavirus bill to pay self employed 80% of their monthly net earnings, averaged over the last three years, or £2917 max

Have no idea if this has been voted on though

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/bi...14-18.html

That's exactly how it will work. You probably won't see anything until the end of April though.

It's ok saying he doesn't want a loan, but he has fuck all chance of getting one. The CBIL scheme is not aimed at supporting cashflow, but "viable schemes". Lenders are closing their doors, and those that are open are only interested in businesses that are unaffected by Covid. So unless you are a corner shop, or manufacture toilet rolls, you are fucked.
(03-25-2020, 03:52 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 03:46 PM)fbaggy Wrote: anyone got any idea where contractors working through an umbrella company stand currently if they have been given notice by the primary contract?

Go through the filed I've uploaded, there's a bit about agency workers, not sure it mentions umbrella companies.  You have your own limited company status?

If you're earning the £8.5k pa  and taking dividends as a shareholder\director then there's nowt atm.  Your "salary" is for your director duties not for your work otherwise you'd be subject to NMW legislation.  And every company needs a director so I'm not seeing how the 80% can apply in these instances.

Won't be covered under self employment as not self employed.

Thanks CA Baggie, I'll take a look. its for my wife and she is not Ltd so not taking dividends but pays PAYE via the umbrella company so not easy to see where she sits in this as.
I laid my guys off yesterday 26 of them ,paid them all 4 weeks money
Which takes them through till 20th April
As long as my customers pay me at the end of this month I can pay
Them again till the end of April then I’m in the queue begging for the 80%
Back ,so we can carry on hopefully

Rang my bank yesterday to try and get increase on overdraft
They are as much use as a fucking chocolate teapot being banking with for 18 years and only used overdraft very rarely they are only interested
In giving me a loan but want my house and company assets as collateral
Would be fucking mad to do that is this climate.

Good luck to everybody let’s hope we can all pull through this mess.
(03-25-2020, 05:55 PM)HUGHIE REED31 Wrote: I laid my guys off yesterday 26 of them ,paid them all 4 weeks money
Which takes them through till 20th April
As long as my customers pay me at the end of this month I can pay
Them again till the end of April then I’m in the queue begging for the 80%
Back ,so we can carry on hopefully

Rang my bank yesterday to try and get increase on overdraft
They are as much use as a fucking chocolate teapot being banking with for 18 years and only used overdraft very rarely they are only interested
In giving me a loan but want my house and company assets as collateral
Would be fucking mad to do that is this climate.

Good luck to everybody let’s hope we can all pull through this mess.

May i ask which bank you are with, Hughie??
NatWest I see there is a article on the BBC today concerning the business loan situation
Sorry I can’t seem to link it
I see people being forced to go back to work virus or no virus. With no money to feed children what choice do they have?