UK Lockdown Prediction Thread 2
How long do you think the UK (or any country) for that matter could realistically apply a lockdown for?

I think the public are finally beginning to realise this is serious and we had to do our bit but when is the tipping point when the lockdown and its effects become worse than the impact of the disease?

So say we lockdown fully next week could we go 3 months? 6 months?

Anyone got a logical view?
Londoners are facing the prospect of greater restrictions than other parts of the UK – this is because the number of cases in the capital is some way ahead of the rest of the country
3 months. Army on the streets. Rationing. Baby boom in 9 months. NHS overwhelmed again. FACTS
(03-19-2020, 09:41 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Londoners are facing the prospect of greater restrictions than other parts of the UK – this is because the number of cases in the capital is some way ahead of the rest of the country

Was always going to be that way due to the number of residents, the close proximity in which they live and the crowded public transport to get to work.
I know they don't want to panic people but I wonder whether they should set some expectations to remove some of the uncertainty.
(03-19-2020, 09:48 AM)sideboardbilly Wrote: I know they don't want to panic people but I wonder whether they should set some expectations to remove some of the uncertainty.

The only problem is, as soon as they announce a lockdown is coming people will panic and storm the shops even more. Bit of a no win situation.

Although, when we moved into the “delay” phase last week maybe they should have listed out what may happen without giving timescales.  But I guess that may have caused a panic also.
Looking at some of the lockdown conditions around the different countries that have them, they do seem a bit ambiguous. One (I think it was California) said that people could leave their homes for valid reasons, including exercise, but non-essential travel - including on foot or by bicycle - was banned.
(03-19-2020, 09:55 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 09:48 AM)sideboardbilly Wrote: I know they don't want to panic people but I wonder whether they should set some expectations to remove some of the uncertainty.

The only problem is, as soon as they announce a lockdown is coming people will panic and storm the shops even more. Bit of a no win situation.

Although, when we moved into the “delay” phase last week maybe they should have listed out what may happen without giving timescales.  But I guess that may have caused a panic also.

I popped to the supermarket this morning for my lunch and essentials (beer). 

Ended up spending 130 sheets. The place was being stripped bare, so I ended up panic buying myself.

Changing the subject, we had a family bereavement this week. We are told 2 months until the burial.
Anyone see those dosy cunts on c4 in the gym from wolverhampton they was adamant they are not changing
Our work was suggesting 5 months this morning