Swiss ramble on twitter
(03-11-2020, 03:37 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Excellent analysis, far better than i could have even dreamed of doing.

A couple of things stand out. The wage bill at £83M was unsustainable. Without promotion they were royally fucked over.

They were FFP compliant, but this was propped up by the stadium sale, and the costs of running the academy, which was £39M over 3 years (yeah, right).

NSWE have invested very heavily, and Villa have no debt now. The only thing holding them back is FFP rules.

If they are relegated, they will in all likelihood have to sell, or risk promotion in the first season to escape EFL sanction.

I suppose this is why the rich pay clever accountants to find loopholes.

I thought the FFP rule was £39m loses in 3 years? Yet Villa are showing losses of far more than that in their last 3...£69m + £36m +£15m = £120m, so even selling their ground back for £36m brings it to £84m...and even adding in the jaxy HS2 payment of £14m still should equal £70m over 3 years, so I really don't get how they're OK on FFP?!
(03-11-2020, 03:44 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 03:37 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Excellent analysis, far better than i could have even dreamed of doing.

A couple of things stand out. The wage bill at £83M was unsustainable. Without promotion they were royally fucked over.

They were FFP compliant, but this was propped up by the stadium sale, and the costs of running the academy, which was £39M over 3 years (yeah, right).

NSWE have invested very heavily, and Villa have no debt now. The only thing holding them back is FFP rules.

If they are relegated, they will in all likelihood have to sell, or risk promotion in the first season to escape EFL sanction.

I thought the FFP rule was £39m loses in 3 years? Yet Villa are showing losses of far more than that in their last 3...£69m + £36m +£15m = £120m, so even selling their ground back for £36m brings it to £84m...and even adding in the jaxy HS2 payment of £14m still should equal £70m over 3 years, so I really don't get how they're OK on FFP?!

With all the "add backs" the FFP loss was £34M, so they complied, mainly because you can add back academy losses. 

The reason why they are afloat is because NSWE have injected shit loads of money into it.
(03-11-2020, 04:07 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 03:37 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Excellent analysis, far better than i could have even dreamed of doing.

With all the "add backs" the FFP loss was £34M, so they complied, mainly because you can add back academy losses. 

The reason why they are afloat is because NSWE have injected shit loads of money into it.

So £120m is really £34m... the EFl need to tighten up these rules.
Swiss Ramble is like those 'End of the World is Nigh' types when it comes to predicting Villa's demise. Won't happen.
(03-11-2020, 04:09 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 04:07 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

So £120m is really £34m... the EFl need to tighten up these rules.
it is supposed to mimic EBITDA, which is a proxy for cash, but it is very open to abuse.
Five Words: David Cameron and Prince Whatsisface
Second Highest loss was the Dirty Dogheads.

It's proper typical Albion that our rivals are the fuggin cheats around.
I just can't understand why the EFL aren't asking for evidence of the £39m spent on the academy...

I imagine we'd pretty easily find Grealish and Tammy Abraham's wages were attributed to them serving lunches on a Wednesday there.
Because they've owners with long arms and deep pockets. We've got a T Rex in charge and no pockets
(03-11-2020, 06:11 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: I just can't understand why the EFL aren't asking for evidence of the £39m spent on the academy...

I imagine we'd pretty easily find Grealish and Tammy Abraham's wages were attributed to them serving lunches on a Wednesday there.

I'd be surprised if we've spent £39m in the last 10 years on our acedemy.

How this can not be investigated is beyond me. Brown envelopes AOTS IMVHFO.  Angry