Second tier cancelled as well as first
Possibly 
I’m finding this whole thing utterly bizarre, like we’ve been transposed into some sci fi film.
I get the need to be careful but the figures in context as yet don’t warrant the public panic. Supermarket shelves emptying, people locking themselves away etc etc.
Personally I feel a mixture of the rise in communications and rolling news has built this into the story it is.
Very odd times and potentially economically disastrous.
Will they also ban throw-ins and ball boys?
(03-07-2020, 08:23 AM)HugeHons Wrote: Will they also ban throw-ins and ball boys?

No just immerse them in vats of Dettol every 5 minutes.
"The Premier league is also considering other possible contingency plans.

"That may include advising against, or even a possible ban, on over-70s - the demographic considered to be at highest risk from the spread of COVID-19 - coming inside stadiums."
Such a ban may affect the former England and current Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson, who is 72.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-s...s-11951225
But no sign of stopping travel by planes, trains, buses and even the tube!!!!!  Crazy.

Why not have a winter break for a month instead of playing behind closed doors?
It feels like we're in a dry run of the eventuality of a far more serious virus.
Just as theres a huge demand for tickets for Albion home and away games they are threatening to play in empty stadiums. While the flu virus kills far more.
Would barely have noticed in the late 80s under Saunders when we were so dire the ground was always near empty.
(03-07-2020, 08:58 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: It feels like we're in a dry run of the eventuality of a far more serious virus.

Mate of mine said the same and I kinda believe him. Everything from PHE is very measured very sanguine but very concise. Considering that, statistically, 1% of us posters will pass away* from corona, which is a pretty morbid though; the press and the newscasters have obviously been warned against oversensationalism.  Might not be too much untruth in this all being a big covert dress rehearsal, he reckons. 

That said he is the sort that will have empty coat hangers in his loft. Not hanging up or anything, just in an old refuse bag from like Wilko or somewhere, if they even exist anymore. And it’s THAT what kills more than Corona. 

While all these old people who are gonna die soon anyway quite selflessly give our welfare system a badly needed respite after a mild-ish winter, won’t somebody think of the high street? In fact, when they develop a vaccine or cure, it should only be made available on the high street. Two problems one stone. 

And no one has heard my idea of reusing reanimated corpses to build the second tier. Happens all the time in China. It’s called taking advantage of the Lai of the land. 

* I’m bored. It may as well take me (I an better at English than most of you so I won’t mess up the entry form into heaven, and some of these pathogens can be pretty tricky to spell. On second thoughts it can take Hudd’s.
I didn’t understand any of that.^