Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So how long have you kept your current hairstyle?
Seeing the thread below about Gerry Francis has me wondering how many of you chaps have stuck to  a hair style that has seen many many moons, but you'd just not change?
Myself, during the 90s, I steadfastly carried a hairdo inspired by Italy player Nicolai Berti, after the 1990 world cup, with a side parting and sideys. I finally got rid of this in 2001 with a short straight fringe George Clooney in his best known guise look, which due to the convenience of never needing a comb I've kept ever since. I've had it 16 years and have no plans to change.
As a chap who possesses one bottle of aftershave I've had for years and no other toiletries bar my razor and a roll on deodorant I'm uncomfortable with the Metrosexual David Beckhamesque thing of the last decade or so. It ain't right for chaps.
I'm glad I'm not alone and I've a mate though who I swear has never changed his hairstyle from when we left school. He's 52 now!
Mine is dictated by the fact that most of it has disappeared!

I shave mine once or twice a week and have done for the last 7 or 8 years. Incidentally, this co-incided with having children....
(09-13-2017, 01:01 PM)mpad_mark Wrote: Mine is dictated by the fact that most of it has disappeared!

I shave mine once or twice a week and have done for the last 7 or 8 years. Incidentally, this co-incided with having children....

Arf! Same here.

I knew my days were numbered at about 26 so I shaved it off before it got too Bobby Charlton. Been using the clippers without an attachment for the following 15 years!!  Big Grin
I keep asking for the same thing but it changes a tiny bit each time due to haircut people moving with the times. Since I stopped having that Indie Curtains thing from the 90s I've been "a 3 or 4 on the back and sides with a trim on top - side parting" bloke. This time I was treated to a monologue about IBS and the NHS.
(09-13-2017, 01:11 PM)Mr Vertical Wrote: I keep asking for the same thing but it changes a tiny bit each time due to haircut people moving with the times. Since I stopped having that Indie Curtains thing from the 90s I've been "a 3 or 4 on the back and sides with a trim on top - side parting" bloke. This time I was treated to a monologue about IBS and the NHS.

Like this, I think very few blokes go for a radical change ala Michael Bolton, but instead it morphs slowly over time. I've made no real attempt to change my hairstyle since I was about 20, but looking at photos now, apart from the obvious grey, it is different.
I too agree about modern blokes. Mens Toiletries section in Boots now is a joke.
An Afro in the 80s, side parting in the 90s and a number four this century.
Grade 2 back and sides, short but "messy" on the top. Been the same since I was about 20, so 12ish years. Men who spend more than about 90 seconds on their hair in a morning need a series word with themselves.
Confession time!
Who had a perm?
I had one from around 78/79 to about 81!
2 all over due to be folically challenged, currently lowering the cut size by 1/2 each year, hate shaving my face so won't want to shave my head as well.
20+ years on the clipper blade. Had long hair, started to come out, saw a picture of Francis Rossi, got the clippers out...