Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Sampson
(09-13-2017, 02:18 PM)Fido Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 06:33 AM)ASOGF Wrote: I'm of a different opinion. Looking like a shifty twat does not imply racism or wrongdoing. Despite a whole squad of players there no one has backed up Aluko with regards to the allegations. The only two players who came out in support of her had also both been dropped and complained about not being made to feel wanted by Sampson. Again, that's a long way away from racism. This is running and running because the media are continually pushing the story. Aluko was paid 80k before an investigation took place in order to not disrupt the competition they were in, at which point no one knew whether he was guilty or innocent, where she took the money. Then she revisited the allegations and there was found to be no evidence for them. After that she made other previously unmentioned claims about what happened.

It's unbelievable to me that being accused, while no evidence has been presented, is enough to be assumed guilty.

He might even lose his job because one person claimed he said something despite there being no evidence. It's ridiculous.

I was listening to questions to him from Dan Roan on the radio yesterday. The most relevant question was that regarding Aluko and what he thought of her. To not call her a liar or imaginative at best points to an element of guilt, for me.

Typical mess from the FA - the Aluko payment looks like hush money.  As YY says above - Id be surprised if there were no confidentiality conditions etc

Sampson is innocent until proven guilty of course and certainly shouldn't suffer trial by media.  At the very least there should be an independent enquiry - with evidence from all the relevant parties.  The FA barrister enquiry appears to be a right whitewash job
(09-13-2017, 07:12 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 06:33 AM)ASOGF Wrote: I'm of a different opinion. Looking like a shifty twat does not imply racism or wrongdoing. Despite a whole squad of players there no one has backed up Aluko with regards to the allegations. The only two players who came out in support of her had also both been dropped and complained about not being made to feel wanted by Sampson. Again, that's a long way away from racism. This is running and running because the media are continually pushing the story. Aluko was paid 80k before an investigation took place in order to not disrupt the competition they were in, at which point no one knew whether he was guilty or innocent, where she took the money. Then she revisited the allegations and there was found to be no evidence for them. After that she made other previously unmentioned claims about what happened.

It's unbelievable to me that being accused, while no evidence has been presented, is enough to be assumed guilty.

He might even lose his job because one person claimed he said something despite there being no evidence. It's ridiculous.

Exactly +1. I hope some on here never sit on a jury... He looks a bit shifty to me bound to be guilty.

I never said he was guilty or racist just said i thought he looked like a shifty twat and as other england managers have lost their jobs over less serious allegations i couuld not see him carrying on,  and yes i HAVE served on a jury it was not a particualy nice case and you judge on the evidence provided for both prosecution and defence not their previous character or that they may look like a shifty twat .
I thought he just didn't pick a player. Am I missing something as I genuinely don't understand this.
(09-13-2017, 08:09 PM)Tetley74 Wrote:

Exactly +1. I hope some on here never sit on a jury... He looks a bit shifty to me bound to be guilty.

I never said he was guilty or racist just said i thought he looked like a shifty twat and as other england managers have lost their jobs over less serious allegations i couuld not see him carrying on,  and yes i HAVE served on a jury it was not a particualy nice case and you judge on the evidence provided for both prosecution and defence not their previous character or that they may look like a shifty twat .

Why should he resign unless he's guilty?
(09-13-2017, 08:22 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 08:09 PM)Tetley74 Wrote:

Why should he resign unless he's guilty?

Hoddle venebles robson all left and had not done much wrong !!,,,,,,,my original post was meant as a tongue in check poke at the clueless FA but its seems it did not cone across that way maybe i had not woken up properly,,,,fwiw i think she has just got the hump cause he dropped her, maybe because she would not play as instructed or they dont get on or he rejected her advances!! Or he may just be a shifty twat i dont know but sonething does not sit right dontt you agree.
(09-13-2017, 02:18 PM)Fido Wrote:

I was listening to questions to him from Dan Roan on the radio yesterday. The most relevant question was that regarding Aluko and what he thought of her. To not call her a liar or imaginative at best points to an element of guilt, for me.

I haven't looked at it in depth so won't comment on the validity of the allegations.

However, I would think that his employers would have advised him to avoid commenting negatively about her to avoid compromising any investigation or whipping up even more of a storm in the media. 

Guilty or not, whatever he says will be presented by the media to suit their agenda. He's an England manager, so the press will be after him.

On a football level, perhaps Sampson just thinks that Aluko never really kicked on from her early promise and always seems to flatter to deceive while looking a bit weak. If that's the case, I agree with him entirely.
As far as I am aware there was a full FA investigation. Given the sensitivities I reckon that if the investigation had of turned up anything at all he would be long gone. The FA would be dead if anyone could demonstrate evidence of institutionalised racism. Again speculation on my part but it looks like the player is trying to find reasons for being dropped and is playing the race card. Everyone, the coaches, the players the FA see this for what it is and while they have to tread v v carefully they are standing by the manager.
(09-14-2017, 01:31 PM)Votebaggie Wrote: As far as I am aware there was a full FA investigation.  Given the sensitivities I reckon that if the investigation had of turned up anything at all he would be long gone.   The FA would be dead if anyone could demonstrate evidence of institutionalised racism.  Again speculation on my part but it looks like the player is trying to find reasons for being dropped and is playing the race card.   Everyone, the coaches, the players the FA see this for what it is and while they have to tread v v carefully they are standing by the manager.

This is, of course, a possible scenario and maybe even likely. But he was quizzed as to what he thought of her and said he'd respected what she said. Now, if someone had lied about me and they had no foundation for it I'd have probably alluded to that, without character assassination.
I think they should just get rid of him anyway, I don't think he's really that good. Seems to be a bit arrogant too from interviews I've seen of him. Fine line between arrogance and confidence and he likes to cross it in my opinion.
(09-14-2017, 02:38 PM)Lightnin Wrote: I think they should just get rid of him anyway, I don't think he's really that good. Seems to be a bit arrogant too from interviews I've seen of him. Fine line between arrogance and confidence and he likes to cross it in my opinion.

I mean, he's been there three years and taken them the furthest they've ever been in his only world cup and took them to the semi's in his only euros where previously they had only made it past the group stage once in the previous 5 tournaments.

He's arrogant, but clearly knows what he's doing.