Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seal Watch
(09-13-2017, 08:28 PM)Tetley74 Wrote: AVFC ,,,,,,,,,the gift that keeps on givin long may it continue
Whilst Blues and Wolves faced financial ruin in the 80s and we weren't much better, and we all struggled in the 90s Villa seemed immune to hardship. They had a generation lording it. Now they are adjusting to the first proper shite they've had since Ted Heath and T Rex.
Let them suffer- far too easy for far too long. The legacy of this sense of entitlement will ensure less chance of coming up anytime soon.
(09-13-2017, 08:45 PM)110percentBaggie Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 08:28 PM)Tetley74 Wrote: AVFC ,,,,,,,,,the gift that keeps on givin long may it continue
Whilst Blues and Wolves faced financial ruin in the 80s and we weren't much better, and we all struggled in the 90s Villa seemed immune to hardship. They had a generation lording it. Now they are adjusting to the first proper shite they've had since Ted Heath and T Rex.
Let them suffer- far too easy for far too long. The legacy of this sense of entitlement will ensure less chance of coming up anytime soon.

Problem for those fans is they have not come to terms with the fact they ARE NO LONGER A PREM CLUB and cannot accept they are in the chump
I'm sure people on here said they'd do well this season because of Bruce, and good signings like John Terry.....

Anybody with a brain could see it wasn't going to work.
(09-13-2017, 09:20 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I'm sure people on here said they'd do well this season because of Bruce, and good signings like John Terry.....

I thought RDM would do ok for them. Clearly deep issues at the club. They've tried different styles of manager. Thrown big money at it. Yet still look someway off. Long may it continue. Fear they may still sneak into the play offs though.
(09-13-2017, 09:20 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I'm sure people on here said they'd do well this season because of Bruce, and good signings like John Terry.....

Terry looked like his legs had gone last season.

Bruce has a good record in the Champioship so anyone could be forgiven for thinking that he'd do far better than he has.

I thought Bruce was a good appointment but signings like Terry and Samba gave me hope that he'd fuck it up
(09-13-2017, 09:43 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:

I thought Bruce was a good appointment but signings like Terry and Samba gave me hope that he'd fuck it up

There main issue this season not defensively but going foward.
(09-13-2017, 10:16 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote:

There moan issue this season not defensively but going foward.

Kodjia back now so that may improve. In all honesty he's the only player I rate in their side. The rest reek if the Championship.
(09-13-2017, 10:16 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote:

There moan issue this season not defensively but going foward.

Just like last season. This was the problem, they scored less goals than Burton last season and rectified it by bringing in 31+ year old defensive players.
(09-13-2017, 08:41 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 08:26 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 08:15 PM)Baggie66 Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 08:11 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 07:37 PM)Baggie66 Wrote: They booed O'Leary
They booed McLeish
They booed Lambert
They booed Sherwood
They booed Garde
They booed Di Matteo
Now they're booing Bruce.

They're not fickle mind.

Let's be fair here our fans have booed the team off under the following...

Megson even when we were winning! Ffs!
Robson
Hodgson ffs!
Clarke 
Irvine 
Pulis ffs! 

They aren't alone when it comes to farm yard noises and they've had a lot more than moan about over the last three years than we have.

Fair point and can't disagree.
I would say that far less of our fans have unrealistic expectations though.

Sadly not anymore in my opinion B66.

Most Albion fans would be humble enough to admit that our current expectations match our historic place in the football pyramid. As a mid table top flight side (who used to do well in the cups). Villa fans simply aren't that humble.

Really? So why the booing last season?