Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leko starts v Wolves
(09-12-2017, 07:58 PM)EPeachy Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 07:37 PM)Baggiemad Wrote: Liking this post from a Bristol C fan

"Leko sounds like one hell of a player, it's taking 3 wolves players to get it off him"

Just been reading the city forum One team in Bristol. Sounds like Leko has caused them all sorts of problems.

Even the mix is saying he's dangerous
3-2 to Brizzle

3-3 now
Only 26k at seal park. Bruce might get the chop if they don't win tonight I suspect
(09-12-2017, 08:11 PM)Bratislava Baggie Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 07:58 PM)EPeachy Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 07:37 PM)Baggiemad Wrote: Liking this post from a Bristol C fan

"Leko sounds like one hell of a player, it's taking 3 wolves players to get it off him"

Just been reading the city forum One team in Bristol. Sounds like Leko has caused them all sorts of problems.

Even the mix is saying he's dangerous

He's Albion. He's bound to be better than a wedge of cheap, nasty Portuguese trash.
I work with a few Bristol City fans. They told me that Leko looks better than their £5 million striker and is a class above anyone else there.

(09-12-2017, 08:37 PM)King Astle Wrote: I work with a few Bristol City fans. They told me that Leko looks better than their £5 million striker and is a class above anyone else there.

To be fair I'd expect Leko to cost more than £5M (Burke wax £15M).
(09-12-2017, 08:41 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 08:37 PM)King Astle Wrote: I work with a few Bristol City fans. They told me that Leko looks better than their £5 million striker and is a class above anyone else there.

To be fair I'd expect Leko to cost more than £5M (Burke wax £15M).

True but this fella they were on about is supposed to be their big star signing. Good sign he has started well in a tough league, from the way they were talkin, Leko could become a bit of a favourite wth the fans down there.

Around these parts it's called Graham Fenton syndrome. A well documented case whereby fans see one player who stands out form their pile of shit team and worship them unreservedly. Other examples of this mass hysteria has been seen in areas such as Derby and regularly West Bromwich where the fans are heard to worship their idols with chants of 'Just pay the fucking money' over and over.
I wasn't particularly in favour of loaning Leko.

From what I have seen of him, he already has the priceless talent of being able to beat a player. Yes his decision making needs to improve and the quality of delivery, but for my money he is more likely to learn what he needs to from premiership coaching, training with premiership players and being used as an impact sub in premiership matches.
(09-13-2017, 08:52 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: I wasn't particularly in favour of loaning Leko.

From what I have seen of him, he already has the priceless talent of being able to beat a player. Yes his decision making needs to improve and the quality of delivery, but for my money he is more likely to learn what he needs to from premiership coaching, training with premiership players and being used as an impact sub in premiership matches.

I think you learn by doing, and he'll be doing more on the pitch rather than the bench or U23s