Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only fools & horses fan`s
(09-13-2017, 02:08 PM)P_K Wrote: The thing that annoys me the most about OFAH, particularly in the later episodes, is when either Del or Rodney come up with a quick witty comment towards the other, then the other continues with what they were saying as if they didn't "get" the meaning of the comment, and then stop themselves with a "hang on, you what....?" Happened so many times, and got way too predictable. I've probably explained that like a complete tosser, but hopefully you know what I mean.

Oh, and how the woman who played Cassandra ever got a job as an actress I'll never know. Absolutely dreadful

Watch her pretending to cry - it's  cringeworthy to the extreme .
No one said Black Books yet? I loved it.
(09-12-2017, 07:14 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Absolutely loved OFAH at its peak, but it's aged quite badly. Still, I'd rather dwell on the positives and there were a hell of a lot of laugh out loud moments at the time. 

Trigger was a brilliant character, used and played to perfection. The story of his roadsweeper's broom that he'd never had to replace still makes me chuckle.

Local taxi driver by me, had a 02 reg Fiat for 5-6 years shared between him and 2 other taxi drivers. The bloody thing never really stopped other than refueling. They did well over 750000 miles in it. Whenever I saw Dave (taxi driver) I used to ask "how's the taxi, still going" general reply was "yes, bar the new clutch, engine, gearbox, drive shaft etc etc" 
It must of had 3 engines, 2 gearboxes etc,which is why I christened it 'Triggers Broom'
(09-12-2017, 05:00 PM)Fido Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 03:05 PM)Yacob Wrote: Spoiler alert! For those that can't wait, here it is:

https://vimeo.com/164318269

That's 20 mins of my life I'll never get back...

The press have labelled it as a 'lost episode'

Whereas it never was -It was made as an educational video with the OFAH cast to attract attention

OFAH to me was the best British comedy bar none- The writing & cast all superb
Can relate to the characters having drunk in similar pubs to the Nags Head in the past (being a Black Country Lad)

Other comedies over the years all different to OFAH but still brilliant
Early Doors (do you like Circus's Tommy)
Royal Family
Men Behaving Badly
DinnerLadies
Black Adder Series 3 & 4
The Thin Blue Line
Inbetweener's
MAx & PAddy Road to nowhere
One Foot in the Grave
& probably loads more...
(09-13-2017, 07:37 PM)Pipkins Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 03:05 PM)Yacob Wrote: Spoiler alert! For those that can't wait, here it is:

Whereas it never was -It was made as an educational video with the OFAH cast to attract attention

Can relate to the characters having drunk in similar pubs to the Nags Head in the past (being a Black Country Lad)  

Royal Family
Men Behaving Badly
DinnerLadies
Black Adder Series 3 & 4
The Thin Blue Line
Inbetweener's
One Foot in the Grave
& probably loads more...

I avoided watching One Foot in the Grave for ages because the trailers always looked shit. Then I watched it and couldn't believe how daft I'd been.

(09-13-2017, 07:02 PM)swordfish Wrote: No one said Black Books yet? I loved it.

I enjoyed that. Wouldn't make my top 10 tho
Hudd's would have been all over the fan's in the title.
Agree with DK re IT crowd. One of the best for me - still like the old Monty Python and Spike Milligan stuff too.

Oh and Black Books was brilliant.

Royal Family
Men Behaving Badly
DinnerLadies
Black Adder Series 3 & 4
The Thin Blue Line
Inbetweener's
One Foot in the Grave
& probably loads more...

Early Doors is one of my all-time faves. Beautifully understated and having been to Cheadle Heath a few times with work the setting was perfect.
Not many shouts for Yank stuff here; only Friends so far
I thought cheers was boss, especially Norm
(09-13-2017, 08:03 PM)Fido Wrote:

Royal Family
Men Behaving Badly
DinnerLadies
Black Adder Series 3 & 4
The Thin Blue Line
Inbetweener's
One Foot in the Grave
& probably loads more...

Early Doors is one of my all-time faves. Beautifully understated and having been to Cheadle Heath a few times with work the setting was perfect.

Early Doors is definitely up there