Prit awful
(03-05-2020, 08:50 PM)The liquidator Wrote: With flybe going bust and the tories and brexiters getting the blame why did Woolworths go bust when we was in the EU  .......these remoaners want it all  their own way .

I love this random stream of consciousness stuff...
Its the way forward.
(03-05-2020, 08:50 PM)The liquidator Wrote: With flybe going bust and the tories and brexiters getting the blame why did Woolworths go bust when we was in the EU  .......these remoaners want it all  their own way .

The only people talking about flybe going bust are the nutjobs on both sides of the brexit debate. The only political situation to arise from this mess is that it moves Ireland one step closer to reunification as NI becomes even more isolated from the UK - reduced transport links (Boris's bridge aside Big Grin ), customs checks, devolved government in stalemate.
(03-04-2020, 09:04 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 01:48 PM)Protheroe Wrote: The civil service aren't used to doing what they're told. It hasn't happened since Thatcher left office. Priti is great, if the PM dumps her he's essentially caving in to the blob.

What is disgraceful is the concerted campaign by civil servants to choose who their boss is. They can fuck off.

Apart from this being nonsense, what I do find strange is someone trying to deny/downplay allegations of bullying in the workplace against civil servants telling them to fuck off.

Except that it's not nonsense. It's the epitome of a concerted campaign.

(03-05-2020, 12:30 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: You mean like John Bercow who the same people now celebrating Priti Patels robust shall we say management style were up in arms at him for alleged bullying and using it as an excuse to stop him receiving a knighthood?

John Bercow used a non-political office to run a political campaign against the government. That's the only reason he should be denied a peerage (not a knighthood).
(03-06-2020, 01:33 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 01:48 PM)Protheroe Wrote: The civil service aren't used to doing what they're told. It hasn't happened since Thatcher left office. Priti is great, if the PM dumps her he's essentially caving in to the blob.

What is disgraceful is the concerted campaign by civil servants to choose who their boss is. They can fuck off.

Apart from this being nonsense, what I do find strange is someone trying to deny/downplay allegations of bullying in the workplace against civil servants telling them to fuck off.

(03-05-2020, 12:30 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: You mean like John Bercow who the same people now celebrating Priti Patels robust shall we say management style were up in arms at him for alleged bullying and using it as an excuse to stop him receiving a knighthood?

John Bercow used a non-political office to run a political campaign against the government. That's the only reason he should be denied a peerage (not a knighthood).

Name a minister who have lost their job because the civil service wanted them out.

The civil service are fast becoming another target for the Government to blame for the ills of the world, and an easy one to has they cannot go public with their point of view. 

I reiterate there is currently an investigation into allegations of improper behaviour to staff by Patel and there is the possibility of a constructive dismissal case being brought. I would suggest that on both sides we wait for their outcome before getting rushing to judgement.

On Bercow if he is also guilty of improper behaviour to staff that should be investigated and reported on. Even if he comes up smelling of roses, I am not slightly bothered one way or the other if he gets a peerage. But I would point out he understood one thing about the 2017 GE that the Conservative Party couldn't or wouldn't take on board and this is that they didn't achieve a majority. That they behaved as if they did, is the reason why they struggled to govern competently following that election.
(03-06-2020, 04:29 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

Name a minister who have lost their job because the civil service wanted them out.

The civil service are fast becoming another target for the Government to blame for the ills of the world, and an easy one to has they cannot go public with their point of view. 

I reiterate there is currently an investigation into allegations of improper behaviour to staff by Patel and there is the possibility of a constructive dismissal case being brought. I would suggest that on both sides we wait for their outcome before getting rushing to judgement.

On Bercow if he is also guilty of improper behaviour to staff that should be investigated and reported on. Even if he comes up smelling of roses, I am not slightly bothered one way or the other if he gets a peerage. But I would point out he understood one thing about the 2017 GE that the Conservative Party couldn't or wouldn't take on board and this is that they didn't achieve a majority. That they behaved as if they did, is the reason why they struggled to govern competently following that election.

Hmm who to believe the civil service or a party that had forgotten what the truth is.

The government (well a select few rabid Brexiteers) were trying to force its will on parliament when it didn’t have the mandate to do so.
With all the scinanigans that the loony left tried you still couldn't get what you wanted ..
(03-06-2020, 07:58 PM)The liquidator Wrote: With all the scinanigans that the loony left tried you still couldn't get what you wanted ..

‘Loony left?’ So Remainers were loony left?  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Well you said brexiteers were right wing .
(03-07-2020, 02:10 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Well you said brexiteers were right wing .

In the context of this thread what would you call the ERG and the likes of Priti Patel?