Prit awful
(03-04-2020, 03:58 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 02:52 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 09:29 AM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 10:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 07:41 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: That would be fair but not typical of politics in the UK! Fair enough to a degree.
But when some MPs complain about language used about serving MPs and media pile-ons on people in politics or without, then do it themselves or countenance it with BoJo and Patel etc without showing the same concern, it does look hypocritical.

She has already had to resign from the cabinet previously and there are now three civil servants that have spoken out or being reported to have suffered under her leadership. The footbalisation of politics is not helpful when there are clearly questions to answer.

She didn't resign, she was effectively sacked for personally and deliberately relaying sensitive information on national security to a foreign nations military intelligence and then proceeded to lie to the cabinet about it. That would have categorically have seen her meet the definition of the crime of High Treason before it was abolished. She is quite literally a disgraced former minister.

And now more bullying claims are coming forward about her alleged bullying in DfID and has carried that into the Home Office. This has fuck all to do with her sex or skin colour, she's just a horrible scrote.

Have you met her personally to say she is a horrible scrote  ?

You don't need to have met someone to form an opinion on someone, especially when they have a myriad of questionable opinions and a track record of doing things that are indefensible. There's plenty of people I've never met personally but have opinions on, good and bad.

As it happens though, I have met her personally when she was involved in the treasury towards the end of the coalition, and she was extremely rude.

I know alot of people who are rude doesnt make them a bad person
(03-05-2020, 12:33 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 10:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: She has already had to resign from the cabinet previously and there are now three civil servants that have spoken out or being reported to have suffered under her leadership. The footbalisation of politics is not helpful when there are clearly questions to answer.

She didn't resign, she was effectively sacked for personally and deliberately relaying sensitive information on national security to a foreign nations military intelligence and then proceeded to lie to the cabinet about it. That would have categorically have seen her meet the definition of the crime of High Treason before it was abolished. She is quite literally a disgraced former minister.

And now more bullying claims are coming forward about her alleged bullying in DfID and has carried that into the Home Office. This has fuck all to do with her sex or skin colour, she's just a horrible scrote.

You don't need to have met someone to form an opinion on someone, especially when they have a myriad of questionable opinions and a track record of doing things that are indefensible. There's plenty of people I've never met personally but have opinions on, good and bad.

As it happens though, I have met her personally when she was involved in the treasury towards the end of the coalition, and she was extremely rude.

Have they leaked confidential information regarding national security to a foreign countries military intelligence service behind the back of the government then lied to cabinet about it?
(03-05-2020, 12:30 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 11:09 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 10:07 AM)hudds Wrote: Conflicting stuff really. Patel looks pretty villainous here and I loathe most of her views.  That said, people I work with in the trade found her personable in meetings when she was a junior Treasury minister and that she was reasonable.  I also have contempt for most (not all) of government departments I have worked in or with.  The Treasury being the most contemptible, usually briefing ministers with staggering deceptions and lies.  I have met them with Sajid Javid, Nicky Morgan, Damian Hinds and, when challenged robustly, the civil servants just shuffle their feet or stammer and say they “will consider” with no intention of doing so.    If I were a minister, I’d think they were fucking useless, too.  They do need holding to account – I have been told I have upset a lot of them at HMT.  Well, don’t fucking lie to me.  Grrrr.

This is what concerns me about the pile on with Patel - she may be an unpleasant and demanding boss, but is that bullying. Wait and see - maybe it is and she will get what she deserves but why prejudge it. Also, what about the civil servant involved - I would not want to prejudge him either but he came out of the Windrush affair badly by some accounts - there was some article a few days ago suggesting the timing of his departure suits him very well in this regard ahead of a report due to come out on it (sorry to be so vague but I don't write these things down - think it was in The Guardian!). As with Patel, I will wait and see what unfolds with that, it could be an unfair criticism of him. What annoys me a bit as I alluded to earlier in the thread is the hypocrisy with some MPs saying be nice in your language to other MPs and on social media etc and then throwing that all out the window when they scent blood with a political opponent. I'm not annoyed at their doing so now so much - I think we expect this in politics, it is just when they complain about it at other times when it happens to someone in their party or with their views, they seem to forget their own behaviour.

You mean like John Bercow who the same people now celebrating Priti Patels robust shall we say management style were up in arms at him for alleged bullying and using it as an excuse to stop him receiving a knighthood?

Or conversely those that have shouted their mouth off about Patel who defended your Best Brexit Buddy, Berkow (splg intended) i.e. Abbott.
(03-05-2020, 12:33 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 10:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: She has already had to resign from the cabinet previously and there are now three civil servants that have spoken out or being reported to have suffered under her leadership. The footbalisation of politics is not helpful when there are clearly questions to answer.

Donald Trump has been exceptionally rude and IS a bad person
A very very bad person
(03-05-2020, 02:41 PM)Baggybenny Wrote: A very very bad person

Arf!
(03-05-2020, 02:31 PM)JOK Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 10:07 AM)hudds Wrote: Conflicting stuff really. Patel looks pretty villainous here and I loathe most of her views.  That said, people I work with in the trade found her personable in meetings when she was a junior Treasury minister and that she was reasonable.  I also have contempt for most (not all) of government departments I have worked in or with.  The Treasury being the most contemptible, usually briefing ministers with staggering deceptions and lies.  I have met them with Sajid Javid, Nicky Morgan, Damian Hinds and, when challenged robustly, the civil servants just shuffle their feet or stammer and say they “will consider” with no intention of doing so.    If I were a minister, I’d think they were fucking useless, too.  They do need holding to account – I have been told I have upset a lot of them at HMT.  Well, don’t fucking lie to me.  Grrrr.

This is what concerns me about the pile on with Patel - she may be an unpleasant and demanding boss, but is that bullying. Wait and see - maybe it is and she will get what she deserves but why prejudge it. Also, what about the civil servant involved - I would not want to prejudge him either but he came out of the Windrush affair badly by some accounts - there was some article a few days ago suggesting the timing of his departure suits him very well in this regard ahead of a report due to come out on it (sorry to be so vague but I don't write these things down - think it was in The Guardian!). As with Patel, I will wait and see what unfolds with that, it could be an unfair criticism of him. What annoys me a bit as I alluded to earlier in the thread is the hypocrisy with some MPs saying be nice in your language to other MPs and on social media etc and then throwing that all out the window when they scent blood with a political opponent. I'm not annoyed at their doing so now so much - I think we expect this in politics, it is just when they complain about it at other times when it happens to someone in their party or with their views, they seem to forget their own behaviour.

You mean like John Bercow who the same people now celebrating Priti Patels robust shall we say management style were up in arms at him for alleged bullying and using it as an excuse to stop him receiving a knighthood?

Or conversely those that have shouted their mouth off about Patel who defended your Best Brexit Buddy, Berkow (splg intended) i.e. Abbott.

Why do you think I care? Brexit was and is a stupid idea and so I’m sympathetic to Bercows actions during that time. If he’s bullied anyone whilst in office then he should face the consequences as should Patel.

You don’t really seem to understand I dislike the Conservatives and some in Labour due to their actions not the rather old fashioned and rigid ideologies both parties and their football type supporters defend to the hilt.
(03-05-2020, 05:56 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Why do you think I care? Brexit was and is a stupid idea and so I’m sympathetic to Bercows actions during that time. If he’s bullied anyone whilst in office then he should face the consequences as should Patel.

You don’t really seem to understand I dislike the Conservatives and some in Labour due to their actions not the rather old fashioned and rigid ideologies both parties and their football type supporters defend to the hilt.
You must be joking, A blind man on a galloping ‘oss can tell you detest the Tories. 
Why do you think I care whether you care? I’m just simply calling out your usual, and constant, myopic view of things. Always ready to spew your bile at one section of politician and by your own admission happy to condone a cretin with who’s view you share. He bullies but it’s ok ‘cause he agrees with me. He ignores accepted conventions, no worries. One Tory, on one occasion flouts the pairing system and it’s straight to your keyboard. 
Here is a question for you. (One you continually pestered posters with) who did you vote for last G.E? And does that mean you would have been happy (and silent) with Abbott as Home Sec?
You don’t seem to realise I will do my best to WU the bored’s biggest WUM Wink
(03-05-2020, 06:29 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 11:09 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote: This is what concerns me about the pile on with Patel - she may be an unpleasant and demanding boss, but is that bullying. Wait and see - maybe it is and she will get what she deserves but why prejudge it. Also, what about the civil servant involved - I would not want to prejudge him either but he came out of the Windrush affair badly by some accounts - there was some article a few days ago suggesting the timing of his departure suits him very well in this regard ahead of a report due to come out on it (sorry to be so vague but I don't write these things down - think it was in The Guardian!). As with Patel, I will wait and see what unfolds with that, it could be an unfair criticism of him. What annoys me a bit as I alluded to earlier in the thread is the hypocrisy with some MPs saying be nice in your language to other MPs and on social media etc and then throwing that all out the window when they scent blood with a political opponent. I'm not annoyed at their doing so now so much - I think we expect this in politics, it is just when they complain about it at other times when it happens to someone in their party or with their views, they seem to forget their own behaviour.

But that's what you are doing now by your own admission - taking a football supporter approach to 'teams' you don't like and applying different standards. Bercow and Patel and the bullying accusations against both should be treated the same - seriously but with no prejudged guilt.

I don’t have to like or dislike someone to acknowledge they should be judged fairly. However given the fact she’s already had to resign once I am a little jaded in trusting her or a party that have made lying an art form over the last few years.

(03-05-2020, 06:39 PM)JOK Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 11:09 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote: This is what concerns me about the pile on with Patel - she may be an unpleasant and demanding boss, but is that bullying. Wait and see - maybe it is and she will get what she deserves but why prejudge it. Also, what about the civil servant involved - I would not want to prejudge him either but he came out of the Windrush affair badly by some accounts - there was some article a few days ago suggesting the timing of his departure suits him very well in this regard ahead of a report due to come out on it (sorry to be so vague but I don't write these things down - think it was in The Guardian!). As with Patel, I will wait and see what unfolds with that, it could be an unfair criticism of him. What annoys me a bit as I alluded to earlier in the thread is the hypocrisy with some MPs saying be nice in your language to other MPs and on social media etc and then throwing that all out the window when they scent blood with a political opponent. I'm not annoyed at their doing so now so much - I think we expect this in politics, it is just when they complain about it at other times when it happens to someone in their party or with their views, they seem to forget their own behaviour.

You must be joking, A blind man on a galloping ‘oss can tell you detest the Tories. 
Why do you think I care whether you care? I’m just simply calling out your usual, and constant, myopic view of things. Always ready to spew your bile at one section of politician and by your own admission happy to condone a cretin with who’s view you share. He bullies but it’s ok ‘cause he agrees with me. He ignores accepted conventions, no worries. One Tory, on one occasion flouts the pairing system and it’s straight to your keyboard. 
Here is a question for you. (One you continually pestered posters with) who did you vote for last G.E? And does that mean you would have been happy (and silent) with Abbott as Home Sec?
You don’t seem to realise I will do my best to WU the bored’s biggest WUM Wink

It’s true, I don’t like them because of their actions, when they ahem improve the country I will get the bunting out... still waiting ten long years later.
With flybe going bust and the tories and brexiters getting the blame why did Woolworths go bust when we was in the EU .......these remoaners want it all their own way .