Prit awful
(03-04-2020, 09:29 AM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 10:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 07:41 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 03:54 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 01:17 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Criticise Megan... racist
Criticise Dianne Abbot... racist
Criticise Patel... that's ok.

If Patel has been criticised with reference to her ethnicity then that would be racist, but I am not aware of any criticism directed towards her that has done that.

In fact until the various investigations and the case for constructive dismissal are concluded it is perhaps for the best if no comments are made.

That would be fair but not typical of politics in the UK! Fair enough to a degree.
But when some MPs complain about language used about serving MPs and media pile-ons on people in politics or without, then do it themselves or countenance it with BoJo and Patel etc without showing the same concern, it does look hypocritical.

She has already had to resign from the cabinet previously and there are now three civil servants that have spoken out or being reported to have suffered under her leadership. The footbalisation of politics is not helpful when there are clearly questions to answer.

She didn't resign, she was effectively sacked for personally and deliberately relaying sensitive information on national security to a foreign nations military intelligence and then proceeded to lie to the cabinet about it. That would have categorically have seen her meet the definition of the crime of High Treason before it was abolished. She is quite literally a disgraced former minister.

And now more bullying claims are coming forward about her alleged bullying in DfID and has carried that into the Home Office. This has fuck all to do with her sex or skin colour, she's just a horrible scrote.

Have you met her personally to say she is a horrible scrote  ?
(03-04-2020, 02:52 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 09:29 AM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 10:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 07:41 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 03:54 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: If Patel has been criticised with reference to her ethnicity then that would be racist, but I am not aware of any criticism directed towards her that has done that.

In fact until the various investigations and the case for constructive dismissal are concluded it is perhaps for the best if no comments are made.

That would be fair but not typical of politics in the UK! Fair enough to a degree.
But when some MPs complain about language used about serving MPs and media pile-ons on people in politics or without, then do it themselves or countenance it with BoJo and Patel etc without showing the same concern, it does look hypocritical.

She has already had to resign from the cabinet previously and there are now three civil servants that have spoken out or being reported to have suffered under her leadership. The footbalisation of politics is not helpful when there are clearly questions to answer.

She didn't resign, she was effectively sacked for personally and deliberately relaying sensitive information on national security to a foreign nations military intelligence and then proceeded to lie to the cabinet about it. That would have categorically have seen her meet the definition of the crime of High Treason before it was abolished. She is quite literally a disgraced former minister.

And now more bullying claims are coming forward about her alleged bullying in DfID and has carried that into the Home Office. This has fuck all to do with her sex or skin colour, she's just a horrible scrote.

Have you met her personally to say she is a horrible scrote  ?

You don't need to have met someone to form an opinion on someone, especially when they have a myriad of questionable opinions and a track record of doing things that are indefensible. There's plenty of people I've never met personally but have opinions on, good and bad.

As it happens though, I have met her personally when she was involved in the treasury towards the end of the coalition, and she was extremely rude.
(03-04-2020, 01:48 PM)Protheroe Wrote: The civil service aren't used to doing what they're told. It hasn't happened since Thatcher left office. Priti is great, if the PM dumps her he's essentially caving in to the blob.

What is disgraceful is the concerted campaign by civil servants to choose who their boss is. They can fuck off.

The Civil Service are doing what they can with the limited resource available to them thanks to the cuts. Patel wants Mo Salah performance but is only willing to provide enough for Kenny Zahore and keeps shouting at poor old Kenny when he can't deliver the fucking impossible. The sooner this bunch of power mad lunatics fuck off the better.
Must watch reruns of yes prime minister.

They pretty much nailed what goes on between the CS and elected numpties.

Obviously attempted suicides were ommitted for light entertainment purposes.
(03-04-2020, 01:48 PM)Protheroe Wrote: The civil service aren't used to doing what they're told. It hasn't happened since Thatcher left office. Priti is great, if the PM dumps her he's essentially caving in to the blob.

What is disgraceful is the concerted campaign by civil servants to choose who their boss is. They can fuck off.

The Blob.   Well that is Boris, isn't it ?
Certain posters are a whisker away from saying ‘drain the swamp’

Shakes head at the state of this country.

Apart from this being nonsense, what I do find strange is someone trying to deny/downplay allegations of bullying in the workplace against civil servants telling them to fuck off.
(03-04-2020, 08:46 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Certain posters are a whisker away from saying ‘drain the swamp’

Shakes head at the state of this country.

Really? Life's a barrel of laughs around yours I'll bet, Derek
Conflicting stuff really. Patel looks pretty villainous here and I loathe most of her views. That said, people I work with in the trade found her personable in meetings when she was a junior Treasury minister and that she was reasonable. I also have contempt for most (not all) of government departments I have worked in or with. The Treasury being the most contemptible, usually briefing ministers with staggering deceptions and lies. I have met them with Sajid Javid, Nicky Morgan, Damian Hinds and, when challenged robustly, the civil servants just shuffle their feet or stammer and say they “will consider” with no intention of doing so. If I were a minister, I’d think they were fucking useless, too. They do need holding to account – I have been told I have upset a lot of them at HMT. Well, don’t fucking lie to me. Grrrr.
(03-05-2020, 11:09 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 10:07 AM)hudds Wrote: Conflicting stuff really. Patel looks pretty villainous here and I loathe most of her views.  That said, people I work with in the trade found her personable in meetings when she was a junior Treasury minister and that she was reasonable.  I also have contempt for most (not all) of government departments I have worked in or with.  The Treasury being the most contemptible, usually briefing ministers with staggering deceptions and lies.  I have met them with Sajid Javid, Nicky Morgan, Damian Hinds and, when challenged robustly, the civil servants just shuffle their feet or stammer and say they “will consider” with no intention of doing so.    If I were a minister, I’d think they were fucking useless, too.  They do need holding to account – I have been told I have upset a lot of them at HMT.  Well, don’t fucking lie to me.  Grrrr.

This is what concerns me about the pile on with Patel - she may be an unpleasant and demanding boss, but is that bullying. Wait and see - maybe it is and she will get what she deserves but why prejudge it. Also, what about the civil servant involved - I would not want to prejudge him either but he came out of the Windrush affair badly by some accounts - there was some article a few days ago suggesting the timing of his departure suits him very well in this regard ahead of a report due to come out on it (sorry to be so vague but I don't write these things down - think it was in The Guardian!). As with Patel, I will wait and see what unfolds with that, it could be an unfair criticism of him. What annoys me a bit as I alluded to earlier in the thread is the hypocrisy with some MPs saying be nice in your language to other MPs and on social media etc and then throwing that all out the window when they scent blood with a political opponent. I'm not annoyed at their doing so now so much - I think we expect this in politics, it is just when they complain about it at other times when it happens to someone in their party or with their views, they seem to forget their own behaviour.

You mean like John Bercow who the same people now celebrating Priti Patels robust shall we say management style were up in arms at him for alleged bullying and using it as an excuse to stop him receiving a knighthood?