Prit awful
Just sayin loik
Your stevie Wonder I claim my £5
Bullying senior civil servants out of a job isn't a good look is it. Coronavirus has come at the right time for some rug-sweeping!
50 years ago she would have been charged for treason for what she did
Criticise Megan... racist
Criticise Dianne Abbot... racist
Criticise Patel... that's ok.
(03-03-2020, 01:17 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Criticise Megan... racist

Another compelling deconstruction by the right's answer to Neal Ascherson.

Erm no. Desperate attempt at deflection by people who believe everything they read on the side of buses.

If Patel has been criticised with reference to her ethnicity then that would be racist, but I am not aware of any criticism directed towards her that has done that.

In fact until the various investigations and the case for constructive dismissal are concluded it is perhaps for the best if no comments are made.

What does her ethnicity have to do with her being allegedly being a bully and having been sacked as a minister for disclosing domestic information to a foreign military intelligence?
(03-03-2020, 07:41 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 03:54 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

If Patel has been criticised with reference to her ethnicity then that would be racist, but I am not aware of any criticism directed towards her that has done that.

In fact until the various investigations and the case for constructive dismissal are concluded it is perhaps for the best if no comments are made.

That would be fair but not typical of politics in the UK! Fair enough to a degree.
But when some MPs complain about language used about serving MPs and media pile-ons on people in politics or without, then do it themselves or countenance it with BoJo and Patel etc without showing the same concern, it does look hypocritical.

She has already had to resign from the cabinet previously and there are now three civil servants that have spoken out or being reported to have suffered under her leadership. The footbalisation of politics is not helpful when there are clearly questions to answer.