Prit awful
It's so sad that people are so programmed to not criticise members of their own chosen "team".

Patel is reckless, unprofessional, a bully, and if I was an avid conservative I'd be thinking "fuck, is this really the best we can do"?
(03-03-2020, 10:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 07:41 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 03:54 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 01:17 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Criticise Megan... racist
Criticise Dianne Abbot... racist
Criticise Patel... that's ok.

If Patel has been criticised with reference to her ethnicity then that would be racist, but I am not aware of any criticism directed towards her that has done that.

In fact until the various investigations and the case for constructive dismissal are concluded it is perhaps for the best if no comments are made.

That would be fair but not typical of politics in the UK! Fair enough to a degree.
But when some MPs complain about language used about serving MPs and media pile-ons on people in politics or without, then do it themselves or countenance it with BoJo and Patel etc without showing the same concern, it does look hypocritical.

She has already had to resign from the cabinet previously and there are now three civil servants that have spoken out or being reported to have suffered under her leadership. The footbalisation of politics is not helpful when there are clearly questions to answer.

She didn't resign, she was effectively sacked for personally and deliberately relaying sensitive information on national security to a foreign nations military intelligence and then proceeded to lie to the cabinet about it. That would have categorically have seen her meet the definition of the crime of High Treason before it was abolished. She is quite literally a disgraced former minister.

And now more bullying claims are coming forward about her alleged bullying in DfID and has carried that into the Home Office. This has fuck all to do with her sex or skin colour, she's just a horrible scrote.
(03-04-2020, 09:29 AM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 10:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 07:41 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 03:54 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

If Patel has been criticised with reference to her ethnicity then that would be racist, but I am not aware of any criticism directed towards her that has done that.

In fact until the various investigations and the case for constructive dismissal are concluded it is perhaps for the best if no comments are made.

That would be fair but not typical of politics in the UK! Fair enough to a degree.
But when some MPs complain about language used about serving MPs and media pile-ons on people in politics or without, then do it themselves or countenance it with BoJo and Patel etc without showing the same concern, it does look hypocritical.

She has already had to resign from the cabinet previously and there are now three civil servants that have spoken out or being reported to have suffered under her leadership. The footbalisation of politics is not helpful when there are clearly questions to answer.

She didn't resign, she was effectively sacked for personally and deliberately relaying sensitive information on national security to a foreign nations military intelligence and then proceeded to lie to the cabinet about it. That would have categorically have seen her meet the definition of the crime of High Treason before it was abolished. She is quite literally a disgraced former minister.

And now more bullying claims are coming forward about her alleged bullying in DfID and has carried that into the Home Office. This has fuck all to do with her sex or skin colour, she's just a horrible scrote.

You won’t hear any disagreement from me BB, only the likes of CIM and Liq who treat politics like they support their football team, with blind loyalty. Actually at least with football they actually criticise their own club.
Funny how things change ain't it?

Used to be soft liberal left squealing " wascist" at every opportunity.

These days it's the shrill whines of the soppy right
They're not soppy under any guise sunshine, they will try anything to getting the 'fake news' line to stick - an unnamed government official was quoted as saying there are dark forces at work here against poor old Priti, it's just to deflect attention and get the gullible to believe it's just a media / civil service conspiracy. #DrainTheSwamp #ThreeWordSlogan
(03-04-2020, 11:19 AM)baggy1 Wrote: They're not soppy under any guise sunshine, they will try anything to getting the 'fake news' line to stick - an unnamed government official was quoted as saying there are dark forces at work here against poor old Priti, it's just to deflect attention and get the gullible to believe it's just a media / civil service conspiracy. #DrainTheSwamp #ThreeWordSlogan

The base as we have seen even on this site lap it up though! That’s the depressing reality that rational middle of the road people are fighting against or perhaps shrugging their shoulders at now. 

Perhaps there’s a three word mantra to combat the sack of shite they spout?
I don't doubt Patel has a case to answer - but there is an investigation and potential unfair dismissal legal procedure under way. So with that in mind I am quite happy to see how these proceed before rushing to judgment.

I do wonder how ministers who have been resigned/sacked get another chance so speedily. Her previous ministerial misstep was a serious one, don't think it well on the Govt that she got a second chance (especially given the job she got). Thought the same with Liam Fox previously and with Mandleson.

He bated, you took a bite.
The civil service aren't used to doing what they're told. It hasn't happened since Thatcher left office. Priti is great, if the PM dumps her he's essentially caving in to the blob.

What is disgraceful is the concerted campaign by civil servants to choose who their boss is. They can fuck off.
(03-04-2020, 01:48 PM)Protheroe Wrote: The civil service aren't used to doing what they're told. It hasn't happened since Thatcher left office. Priti is great, if the PM dumps her he's essentially caving in to the blob.

What is disgraceful is the concerted campaign by civil servants to choose who their boss is. They can fuck off.

How anyone who is liberal can think an authoritarian traitor is great is beyond me.