Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurrican in USA
Bloody hell its a big one my Mrs niece is in Puerto Rico on her honeymoon and has been moved in 45 mins inland so hopefully will be safer 
My moms cousin who is in Florida must have been evacuated as we have messaged her but haven't heard nothing .
(09-06-2017, 09:22 PM)Big Cyrille Wrote: Bloody hell its a big one my Mrs niece is in Puerto Rico on her honeymoon and has been moved in 45 mins inland so hopefully will be safer 
My moms cousin who is in Florida must have been evacuated as we have messaged her but haven't heard nothing .

Terrible stuff. And we moan about the weather in England...

Sincerely hope you're family are OK.
(09-06-2017, 09:23 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 09:22 PM)Big Cyrille Wrote: Bloody hell its a big one my Mrs niece is in Puerto Rico on her honeymoon and has been moved in 45 mins inland so hopefully will be safer 

Terrible stuff. And we moan about the weather in England...

Sincerely hope you're family are OK.
Cheers mate

My cousin & his wife are on honeymoon in Cuba, we heard tonight that they've been evacuated to a safer area, hope your family keep safe too
We moved our charter boats to Antigua so they seem to be ok but a third boat we were looking at buying was left in St Maarten near the airport as it needed some out of season work, not quite sure where that is at the moment. All crew seem to be safe.
Got a mate in Miami. He's saying it's mass panic. They are expecting no power for two weeks after and that's Miami so imagine the state of Barbuda etc..
First hurricane season after Trump is elected and we get all this. God moves in mysterious ways.
Hope everyone's friends and relatives are safe but I do wonder why people go on holiday to the Caribbean and Florida at the height of the hurricane season. Not a risk I would take, tbh.
(09-08-2017, 06:02 AM)Lightnin Wrote: We moved our charter boats to Antigua so they seem to be ok but a third boat we were looking at buying was left in St Maarten near the airport as it needed some out of season work, not quite sure where that is at the moment. All crew seem to be safe.

Just today recieved pictures of the boat left in St Maarten. Still sitting on wooden stilts with not a scratch on her, all thats been lost is the motor cover. Nothing short of a miracle!!
Blimey!

My mate ended up being evacuated at 2 am a couple of days before it hit Florida. He tried to go to New Orleans but getting petrol was a major issue and ended up flying to Manchester from Orlando after 30 hours of being awake.