IF
Can’t agree.

Will be a top top achievement to win the league and the lifting of the trophy will be beautiful on our own ground.

But an open top bus parade because we managed to get back to where we recently spent the last 8 seasons and where we’ll be playing Brighton and Burnley is not for me.
I've a 68 cup final rosette - so old that the navy blue has faded to violet!

It ain't going in any landfill.
(02-27-2020, 01:03 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote: I've a 68 cup final rosette - so old that the navy blue has faded to violet!

I quite agree and nor should it, but that was from a real historic achievement.

Winning this division is nice, or hopefully will be. The quality of the tat will be just that, sure some things may be produced that are keepers, but most of it will be junk.

As an aside, *if* we win it my mate and I will be producing some car stickers, maybe with the badge on a BC flag with EFL Champions 2019/20 below... queue up now (and I am actually serious...) £3.50 each. A5 sort of size.
(02-27-2020, 11:52 AM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Big if, but IF we do win the Championship I hope the Club milk and promote the achievement much better than last time.
So many Baggies I meet and speak to lament that they were not as fortunate as me to see us win something at QPR. That’s the only time most of us have see our club win anything.
Yet, there was little following up to keep the positive vibe going. No parade that could have lingered in fans memories for ever ( like to Megson one still does) and very few merchandise items.
So, IF it does happen let’s make memories past the confirmation. Great merchandise; free car stickers; kids stickers around the region (baseball teams are brilliant at this and have stuff out for just reaching post season and the whole area is awash with gear).
Let’s celebrate properly if we mange it thus time....might not get another chance !!

I think we have every chance of winning it again in 2022  Big Grin Big Grin
(02-27-2020, 01:03 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote: I've a 68 cup final rosette - so old that the navy blue has faded to violet!  

Mine's white on white...

(02-27-2020, 01:13 PM)MassDebater Wrote:

Winning this division is nice, or hopefully will be. The quality of the tat will be just that, sure some things may be produced that are keepers, but most of it will be junk.

As an aside, *if* we win it my mate and I will be producing some car stickers, maybe with the badge on a BC flag with EFL Champions 2019/20 below... queue up now (and I am actually serious...) £3.50 each. A5 sort of size.
I'm up for one 
Champions of the Black Country!
there's along way to go yet, lets just say I think were nailed on for a play off spot.
(02-27-2020, 03:05 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:

Mine's white on white...

(02-27-2020, 01:13 PM)MassDebater Wrote:

I'm up for one 
Champions of the Black Country!

Don't want to jinx anything so final design will be after *IF*!
(02-27-2020, 11:55 AM)hudds Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 11:52 AM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Big if, but IF we do win the Championship I hope the Club milk and promote the achievement much better than last time.
So many Baggies I meet and speak to lament that they were not as fortunate as me to see us win something at QPR. That’s the only time most of us have see our club win anything.
Yet, there was little following up to keep the positive vibe going. No parade that could have lingered in fans memories for ever ( like to Megson one still does) and very few merchandise items.
So, IF it does happen let’s make memories past the confirmation. Great merchandise; free car stickers; kids stickers around the region (baseball teams are brilliant at this and have stuff out for just reaching post season and the whole area is awash with gear).
Let’s celebrate properly if we mange it thus time....might not get another chance !!

It is a big If, so I would take the precaution of deleteing this post aer kid....
I'm with Hudds. There was one team once that was 11 points clear in February. They had songs about going up and had a celebratory party in  March.  I don't remember exactly what happened but I don't think it ended well for them.
(02-27-2020, 04:21 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 11:55 AM)hudds Wrote:

It is a big If, so I would take the precaution of deleteing this post aer kid....
I'm with Hudds. There was one team once that was 11 points clear in February. They had songs about going up and had a celebratory party in  March.  I don't remember exactly what happened but I don't think it ended well for them.
There ought to be a car sticker for that.
We were the only West Midlands club in the Premier League for a season, or was it two? Did we cash in on that in any positive way? Absolutely not. I can't see how anything would change now. Equally, I'm not sure I want us to become too much like the Vile with their sense of entitlement, or even the Dingles who trade on their historic significance. Dignity as ever, but maybe a little less "Poor little Albion" than we heard from Pulis.