Sam Field
(02-20-2020, 03:57 PM)oldun Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 12:26 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: Not sure if posted already or not but he's been sent back to us again, looks like his season is over (knee injury).

I don't know how it all works, but we send 2 players out on loan and get them both back injured for us to deal with, we borrow one from W Ham and he gets injured and stays for us to deal with, seems easy for Charlton to me. Quite happy to keep Grady BTW.

I guess it's down to Diang's being something he'll recover from this season (hopefully in a week or two) whereas Field and Leko are season ending injuries...
(02-20-2020, 04:05 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 12:26 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: Not sure if posted already or not but he's been sent back to us again, looks like his season is over (knee injury).

I don't know how it all works, but we send 2 players out on loan and get them both back injured for us to deal with, we borrow one from W Ham and he gets injured and stays for us to deal with, seems easy for Charlton to me. Quite happy to keep Grady BTW.

I guess it's down to Diang's being something he'll recover from this season (hopefully in a week or two) whereas Field and Leko are season ending injuries...

Make no mistake, West Ham had a look at Grady when he was first injured.   With our two, I'd much sooner they are getting sorted by Albion than Charlton.
(02-20-2020, 05:32 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 04:05 PM)MassDebater Wrote:

Make no mistake, West Ham had a look at Grady when he was first injured.   With our two, I'd much sooner they are getting sorted by Albion than Charlton.

We have a duty of care to look after both players and return them to full fitness, with loan players returning and Barry & Brunt due for retirement we will need to backfill these positions, it would be fantastic if we could utilise either or both of them next season.
Same Field gone back to Charlton until the end of the season.
Good news seeing as he couldn’t play for us anyhow.
(06-06-2020, 01:54 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Same Field gone back to Charlton until the end of the season.

Understand why he has done, but their record with injuries this season is atrocious, and with both Field and Leko sustaining serious injures whilst on loan there I wouldn't be rushing to send anyone else to South London.  You don't keep lending your toys to the kid that keeps breaking them!

Incidentally, Leko can't be too far off a return surely?
Charlton still have to play Brentford and Leeds. If he can help take points off them he's served us well.
(06-06-2020, 02:45 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Charlton still have to play Brentford and Leeds. If he can help take points off them he's served us well.

Agreed