Anyone Else see?
I don't know to take that as a compliment
(02-15-2020, 04:33 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 03:54 PM)Hermit Throstle Wrote: Johnston comes out after halftime to find a ball that the subs were kicking about with, in the six yard box. He then orders one of the coaching staff to walk all the way from the far touch line to collect the ball, instead of simply kicking the ball back to the poor chap. The look he gave Johnston was clear to see... Wanker!

I saw that too. FWIW, it looked a bit "Do you know who I am? You get it".   SJ was either having a bad day or else he is an uppity twat.

As I said earlier I saw now for fucks sake leave SJ alone it’s all to tedious.
(02-15-2020, 07:59 PM)wba13 Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 03:54 PM)Hermit Throstle Wrote: Johnston comes out after halftime to find a ball that the subs were kicking about with, in the six yard box. He then orders one of the coaching staff to walk all the way from the far touch line to collect the ball, instead of simply kicking the ball back to the poor chap. The look he gave Johnston was clear to see... Wanker!

I saw that too. FWIW, it looked a bit "Do you know who I am? You get it".   SJ was either having a bad day or else he is an uppity twat.

If you read the OP and that reply you will see they are about a specific incident and nothing to do with SJ's ability. The fact others have commented on that is still nowt to do with this incident. If you did see it then you will have witnessed something cringeworthy and may be able to offer an explanation, or not?
I suppose it's understandable all this in fighting amongst our fans and the slating of players, considering the mess of a relegation fight we find ourselves in and someone needs to be blamed for the constant batterings we are enduring, perhaps if we were doing better, things would be different. Confused
(02-15-2020, 05:33 PM)billybassett Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 05:32 PM)Wotty Wrote: The way some ‘fans’ are turning on SJ is cuntishness, plain and simple.

Ahhh diddums

Not turning on him always thought he was only average.

(02-15-2020, 06:26 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 05:30 PM)billybassett Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 05:26 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 05:23 PM)billybassett Wrote: Bored allows you to express a view. I feel sorry for those who think he's a great keeper. Obviously never played the game or watched a decent keeper. Feel sorry for you. The bloke's a mug as soon as the ball is in the air.

#gonefishing

I don’t think anyone thinks he’s a great keeper. Most just think he’s between decent and good, and can’t understand the bonkers obsession with looking for errors he’s made, when if other keepers do exactly the same as SJ it never gets mentioned.

Don't give a crap about other keepers. I care about our expensive one doing his job properly. Distribution is good generally, shot stopping when he doesn't have to think is excellent, positioning for long range shots ok, coming for crosses, punching and commanding his area abysmal. In this league you need that as the ball gets flung in the box a lot.

My only worry is the fact that our goalkeeping coaches seem to be unable to improve his obvious weak point.

This
(02-16-2020, 04:11 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: I suppose it's understandable all this in fighting amongst our fans and the slating of players, considering the mess of a relegation fight we find ourselves in and someone needs to be blamed for the constant batterings we are enduring, perhaps if we were doing better, things would be different. Confused

It was always thus.

We had a thread a couple of weeks ago calling an England Winger that played for us as shit, when we finished 4th in the top flight. 

All fans at all clubs are fickle - that's the way we like it.
(02-16-2020, 05:13 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(02-16-2020, 04:11 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: I suppose it's understandable all this in fighting amongst our fans and the slating of players, considering the mess of a relegation fight we find ourselves in and someone needs to be blamed for the constant batterings we are enduring, perhaps if we were doing better, things would be different. Confused

It was always thus.

We had a thread a couple of weeks ago calling an England Winger that played for us as shit, when we finished 4th in the top flight. 

All fans at all clubs are fickle - that's the way we like it.

I know, but can we never smell the roses and enjoy things? A thread on here today about Pereira. Was it talking about how he's the best player in the division, about to be a permanent signing and one of the best players in the stripes for some time? No, it was not.
(02-15-2020, 04:29 PM)Duffers Wrote: He also prepared Don Goodman’s commentary notes.

Dry humour at it's best.
(02-16-2020, 03:51 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 07:59 PM)wba13 Wrote:

I saw that too. FWIW, it looked a bit "Do you know who I am? You get it".   SJ was either having a bad day or else

If you read the OP and that reply you will see they are about a specific incident and nothing to do with SJ's ability. The fact others have commented on that is still nowt to do with this incident. If you did see it then you will have witnessed something cringeworthy and may be able to offer an explanation, or not?

If you stopped to read the thread properly, you would have seen that I answered and all some of you want to do is blame SJ for anything there was nothing in that incident.