Four players in:

Rodriguez
Hegazi
Barry
Burke

Two out:

Fletcher
Olsson

What are we still missing? Obviously Evans and Chadli would need like for like replacements, but assuming they stay for a minute who else do we need to bring in?

A striker is essential as is one more defender who can cover anywhere across the back line. Get them in and it's been a decent window.

A box to box midfielder would be very nice too, but I'm giving up hope on that one, and the real cherry on top would be a replacement for Myhill.
Realistically, Burke could be Chadli's replacement.

Still need a striker.

For cover at centre half I can see why we would be looking at Josef de Souza – he can step into the holding midfield role where we're always likely to pick up suspensions.

Ideally need to solve the left-back conundrum.

For me the box-to-box midfielder is the most important. We haven't replaced Fletcher directly, and although we've got Morrison and Livermore who can play that type of role we're missing a commanding midfielder who can carry the ball a bit, get get up and down, pick a pass, weigh in with the odd goal. A Yaya Toure type.

If I were in a position to break our bank for one signing, it would be this one.
With Myhill, the club may have faith in Palmer.

With Barry, Yacab, Livermore and Morrison not sure TP sees the box to box midfielder as a priority, nice if we got one, but Morrison and Livermore can cover that role effectively.

Like you said though, 1 more def and a striker.
To keep Evans
I'd say we still need another striker, a long term replacement for McAuley and a box to box midfielder.
Cover at left back for Brunt would be nice but unlikely to happen.
Evans looks to be going based on Brunt's comments about what a good player Jonny is but !
So we need another Central defender , a forward
and we are all sick of saying It
A LEFT BACK.
Hughie Reed 31 Wrote:Evans looks to be going based on Brunt's comments about what a good player Jonny is but !
So we need another Central defender , a forward
and we are all sick of saying It
A LEFT BACK.

I'm sick of other people saying A LEFT BACK.

Brunt is fine there.
Megson was talking about wanting to get 5 more in so if you assume Barry and Burke are 2 of those we are probably looking at 2-3 more in.

We definitely need another defender. I think Pulis would love to spend big money on a centre back but not sure how likely that is now we have spent decent money on Burke. If Evans goes we will need 2. Could still see us picking up Wilson as extra cover late on if he's cheap.

I'd love another central midfielder. The De Souza link seemed interesting but hard to see it being genuine. Think this might be an area where we are looking to pick someone up on loan or for a low fee.

I'd say we definitely need another striker. Would be nice to have the option of using Rodriguez wide if we want to. I don't mind Rondon but he had been hit and miss for 6 months and isn't the best at holding the ball up. Janssen would be great and I'm not against Deeney either but another area where we might not have big money to spend.
I still think there's a far bit of money to spend. Where the idea we have a limited budget comes from (Sneekes, what on earth do you know?) is anyone's guess. Obviously there'll be more in the pot if Evans goes.

I'd imagine with the raw potential of Burke, Leko out on loan and Phillips' injury record last season, Chadli will stay around for at least a season.

3 more in . LB (Rannochia?) ; Striker; (Janssen/Deeney in?); CB (poss x 2) (Wimmer/A/N Other if Evans is on his way). And a midfielder?
ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote:I'd imagine with the raw potential of Burke, Leko out on loan and Phillips' injury record last season, Chadli will stay around for at least a season.

If reports are to be believed Chadli might not have a lot of choice, Swansea aren't willing to pay £25m for him.

They'll pay £15m for Sam fucking Clucas though.