Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gibson, Gibbs, Townsend, Delph...
If I was one of those 4 players, I'd be looking at today's England squad and thinking "a couple of decent games and I could be going to Russia this summer".

There is such a lack of quality in so many positions, and with Southgate seemingly willing to call players up on the back of decent form, there's opportunities for them to get on the plane after a decent season at a club like ours. I know Gibson's uncle only wants to sell to a top 6 side, but if Ben wants England caps, he isn't going to get them in the Championship... wonder if he's looking at Chalobah and McGuire and thinking that could have been me!

Granted we don't know if we're interested in any of them, but all would add something to the squad.
Gibson - Boro want £30m
Gibbs - Won't back down from the £80k a week he's getting at Arsenal.
Delph - Would he even want to join us given his Villa connections?
Townsend - Who knows?
(08-24-2017, 03:06 PM)Duffmon Wrote: Gibson - Boro want £30m
Townsend - Who knows?

Like I said, I don't know if we have a serious interest in any of them, but given this is probably the weakest England have ever been, if any of them had motivations outside of taking home a massive wedge they'd be well placed to sign for us.
Duffmon Wrote:Gibson - Boro want £30m
Townsend - Who knows?

Interesting you say that Duffers as I've felt Delph just doesn't want to move to us all along. Just a gut feeling.
(08-24-2017, 07:53 PM)Peachy Wrote:
Townsend - Who knows?

Interesting you say that Duffers as I've felt Delph just doesn't want to move to us all along. Just a gut feeling.

Didn't he sign a new contract, reject a big move and then promptly turn around and leave for the fixed value in his contract?
As time gets shorter we are getting linked to everyone with two legs.
(08-24-2017, 03:06 PM)Duffmon Wrote: Gibson - Boro want £30m
Townsend - Who knows?

Gibbs and Delph are happy staying put, taking the big bucks and being bench-warmers/playing limited games at their big clubs, rather than move to a mid-table team like Albion and play egular football which is what they need, if they are going to progress further with their footballing careers. They also can't give two hoots about playing for their country. Don't you just love young aspirational English footballers!
Fugg off Villa!
Peachy Wrote:
Townsend - Who knows?

I think the same, again based on nothing but a feeling.