Lee peltier
(01-31-2020, 06:58 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 06:05 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 06:03 PM)Three Degrees Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 05:55 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 05:52 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: It feels like a standard Peace/Jenkins window with incremental improvements and low cost - not major quality above what we have now. Hopefully it's enough but you'd fear for us if we went up and it was still Jenkins in situ.

Jenkins is following instructions. If we go up, we need a change of ownership, you fear.

If we don't go up, it won't be any fun.
If we don't go up then we might just get away with another shot at promotion by selling Periera (if we eventually sign him )and use the money to fund another build .

I think you are right. Doomsday is a step nearer, though.

I realise loans aren’t free, and there will be some significant wage costs over and above our non-parachute revenues but ultimately I think it’s fair to ask “where’s the money gone?”

Last season:
Income: £22m
Expenditure: £12m
———-
£10m surplus 
Allowing for loans, new contracts etc. We’d still see £5-6m of that remaining.

This season:
Zohore 4m (well publicised it’s 4 to 8m based on criteria his form suggests will never be met!)
Austin 4m
Sawyers 3m
Furlong 1.5m
Ajayi 1.5m
Grosicki 1m
Diangana 1.5m
Periera 9m (pending)
Total: £27.5m

Outgoing:
Rondon 16m
Rodriguez 5+5m
Dawson 5m
Nyom 2.5m
Rodgers 4m + add ons
Ferguson 4m + add ons 
Total: £42m - with add ons

There’s a good £20m+ difference, even accounting for making Periera permanent. 

I know transfers are paid in stages, but what is going out and coming in will eventually amount to the above numbers... add to this a significant wage bill decrease over and above the parachute payment decrease and we really shouldn’t be scraping around for freebies.

I’d hope we will still have enough this summer to fund another  real go if we don’t make it this time round.

not going to comment on these numbers until Remi has had a chance to go through them in detail  Rolleyes
(01-31-2020, 06:58 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 06:05 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 06:03 PM)Three Degrees Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 05:55 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 05:52 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: It feels like a standard Peace/Jenkins window with incremental improvements and low cost - not major quality above what we have now. Hopefully it's enough but you'd fear for us if we went up and it was still Jenkins in situ.

Jenkins is following instructions. If we go up, we need a change of ownership, you fear.

If we don't go up, it won't be any fun.
If we don't go up then we might just get away with another shot at promotion by selling Periera (if we eventually sign him )and use the money to fund another build .

I think you are right. Doomsday is a step nearer, though.

I realise loans aren’t free, and there will be some significant wage costs over and above our non-parachute revenues but ultimately I think it’s fair to ask “where’s the money gone?”

Last season:
Income: £22m
Expenditure: £12m
———-
£10m surplus 
Allowing for loans, new contracts etc. We’d still see £5-6m of that remaining.

This season:
Zohore 4m (well publicised it’s 4 to 8m based on criteria his form suggests will never be met!)
Austin 4m
Sawyers 3m
Furlong 1.5m
Ajayi 1.5m
Grosicki 1m
Diangana 1.5m
Periera 9m (pending)
Total: £27.5m

Outgoing:
Rondon 16m
Rodriguez 5+5m
Dawson 5m
Nyom 2.5m
Rodgers 4m + add ons
Ferguson 4m + add ons 
Total: £42m - with add ons

There’s a good £20m+ difference, even accounting for making Periera permanent. 

I know transfers are paid in stages, but what is going out and coming in will eventually amount to the above numbers... add to this a significant wage bill decrease over and above the parachute payment decrease and we really shouldn’t be scraping around for freebies.

I’d hope we will still have enough this summer to fund another  real go if we don’t make it this time round.

You don't have to have a degree in Reminomics to know Lai is a magician and Jenkins is his assistant. The football is just a distraction.
Spend the fuggin money!
Very uninspiring deadline day for me. An over 30, talk of another old journeyman, and another non-scoring striker. A young exciting prospect fugged off... Ahhh well, after all these years I shouldn't expect any better.

Things can only get better...surely? Last season is feeling very comparable now, except this year we looked the real deal for a good whack of it.
(01-31-2020, 07:55 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Very uninspiring deadline day for me. An over 30, talk of another old journeyman, and another non-scoring striker. A young exciting prospect fugged off... Ahhh well, after all these years I shouldn't expect any better.

Things can only get better...surely? Last season is feeling very comparable now, except this year we looked the real deal for a good whack of it.

This
Looks like Cardiff are missing Peltier tonight
(01-31-2020, 07:58 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 07:55 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Very uninspiring deadline day for me. An over 30, talk of another old journeyman, and another non-scoring striker. A young exciting prospect fugged off... Ahhh well, after all these years I shouldn't expect any better.

This
Or...Two proven goalscorers from the championship who can play in a couple of positions. A back up defender who has played in both the premier league and championship. Potentially a fourth young energetic defensive midfielder in the Mulumbu mould...each to their own but compare our business to our rivals. 

Reflect we brought in players last January we were happy with. Which in hindsight was a bunch of not match fit players one which the medical failed to notice didn’t have a spine...
(01-31-2020, 08:07 PM)BurleyBaggie Wrote:

This
Or...Two proven goalscorers from the championship who can play in a couple of positions. A back up defender who has played in both the premier league and championship. Potentially a fourth young energetic defensive midfielder in the Mulumbu mould...each to their own but compare our business to our rivals. 

Reflect we brought in players last January we were happy with. Which in hindsight was a bunch of not match fit players one which the medical failed to notice didn’t have a spine...

This.
In the form of his life.
(01-31-2020, 08:07 PM)BurleyBaggie Wrote:

This

Exactly. Honestly, I don't know what people expect - it's the January window and bringing in good players is difficult for everyone. There's not one club in this division that wouldn't be delighted to have bought in either one of Grosicki or Robinson, let alone both, and let alone when they may well only end up as bench players!

We've had a good window IMO.
What a depressing thread, let’s wait and see how those we have bought play