New sognings
(01-29-2020, 03:21 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 03:18 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 03:14 PM)The liquidator Wrote: We need a tyrone mings kind of signing at the back.

wash your mouth out.

Biggest bollocked dropped by the club .

Only with the benefit of hindsight.

At the time replacing Barnes and strengthening the midfield and attacking options were the priority.
Duffers he wanted to sign for us
(01-29-2020, 05:41 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Duffers he wanted to sign for us

Whether he wanted to is irrelevant. In January 2019 we had bigger priorities than signing another centre half.

The real bollock was how useless Murphy, Johanssen and Montero turned out to be.
(01-29-2020, 09:02 PM)Duffers Wrote:

Whether he wanted to is irrelevant. In January 2019 we had bigger priorities than signing another centre half.

The real bollock was how useless Murphy, Johanssen and Montero turned out to be.

Johansen was ok. Less said of the other 2 the better.
(01-29-2020, 09:13 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 09:02 PM)Duffers Wrote:

Johansen was ok. Less said of the other 2 the better.

Johansen was rubbish when he first arrived, it took him 4 weeks to get match fit. Only then did we see some return.
The other 2 should have been sent back as they came for a holiday.
I seem to remember the general consensus being that Mings was injury prone, expensive and not what we needed... at the time we, and myself included, were excited by Murphy... and felt we’d done enough and couldn’t understand why Villa had taken on such an expensive crock in Mings...

Hindsight is wonderful
(01-29-2020, 09:59 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: I seem to remember the general consensus being that Mings was injury prone, expensive and not what we needed... at the time we, and myself included, were excited by Murphy... and felt we’d done enough and couldn’t understand why Villa had taken on such an expensive crock in Mings...

Hindsight is wonderful

I still don't see it with Mings. He's really not very good.
Ultimately we didn’t fail to go up because of Tyrone Mings. It was the other end where the problems were.
(01-30-2020, 04:39 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 09:59 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: I seem to remember the general consensus being that Mings was injury prone, expensive and not what we needed... at the time we, and myself included, were excited by Murphy... and felt we’d done enough and couldn’t understand why Villa had taken on such an expensive crock in Mings...

Hindsight is wonderful

Uses his pace to get out of his self created trouble. When that pace starts to go, he will be in trouble with muscle problems stretching for those last ditch tackles, or simply just left out of position. He ain't the next Paul McGrath.
(01-30-2020, 04:52 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 04:39 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:

Hindsight is wonderful

Uses his pace to get out of his self created trouble. When that pace starts to go, he will be in trouble with muscle problems stretching for those last ditch tackles, or simply just left out of position. He ain't the next Paul McGrath.

Exactly as I see Mings too.