Difficult to know what to think
I see little of the football, so I can only judge by the results and the opinions on here. I've been surprised how many posters have made excuses for the "blip" in form, and defended a whole load of the players and the manager against criticism. I've been amazed that Bilic has kept faith with players who are clearly out of form and lacking confidence. It's been strange that some of the fringe players who did well in two cup ties have not been given a chance to improve our fortunes in the league. And I've seen gross incompetence in the goals we have conceded in the brief highlights to which I have access - Bartley and Johnstone totally powder-puff again tonight for their first goal.

Why don't the senior players show a bit of backbone and composure under pressure? Why do we have multiple shots, but rarely on target? Why does Bilic pick the same spine to his team week after miserable week? Is he expecting results to change when the approach doesn't?

Yes, fine margins blah, blah, blah. If the half chances go in and we take the lead - - - if we don't concede the "unlucky" goal that saps our confidence - - - bollocks to that. I wonder if we lack a charismatic coach. Training is centred around the core of the first team. These guys are undroppable because the coaching team don't want to piss them off. Too cosy, too friendly, not competitive enough.

If I were Jenkins, I'd be lining up a conversation along the lines of "What are you going to do differently, Slav? Tell me which new assistant you want to bring in, and we'll go get him. Or you can keep faith with the guys you have, but start winning games immediately. Your choice".
Good post.

The problem is that many of this bunch are decent players but have been ever-presents in failure: Hegazi, Livermore, Johnstone. We need winners.
Exactly This
You’ve got it. They just don’t win enough games this bunch

I’d include Phillips and Hal in that list
Our whole squad when anything goes wrong stand with hands on hips, shrugging shoulders all looking at one another, they are crying out for a leader with big balls. We all know it.
From the players we’re being linked with there’s no leader coming in. Probably the player we have with the most heart and desire is Brunt but he’s never been the best captain.

Where’s our McInnes?

We need Gibbs back to provide the balance, we miss our 2 creative sparks, Sawyers or Livermore need to be dropped for Brunt and HRK is showing that form is temporary and class is permanent. Back to reality for him.

We still need that snotter in the middle of the park that Inposted about a few weeks back and we desperately need a forward that offers a threat. Teams are squeezing us and we need a few balls over the top to push them back 10-15 yards.

We won’t keep clean sheets on a consistent basis, Bilic’s teams don’t do that. Up the tempo and fucking go at teams.
Yes we are missing a midfield general but we also need to see it from the sideline from Slav. The players need a massive kick up the arse because the way I see it they are quite happy to keep taking the money and plying there trade in the championship cause let’s be honest few are premiership standard.