If we score in the league we don’t lose
Don’t know why and don’t know if we can keep it going ,every time we have scored in a league game this season we have not lost. Just seems unique, I cannot remember us going this long that every time we score we do not lose. Probably end in Cardiff.  No team has hammered us this season in the 3 matches we lost we have always been in with a chance of getting a result right up to the 90th minute, I think that shows we never give up even when we aren’t playing well.
At the minute, and perhaps at all times, it's a case of looking at what there is from all angles of this season and finding reasons to be optimistic/pessimistic, depending on your mood and general outlook on life.
We can only deal with it as it is, and in the big scheme, despite playing poorly for the last month we are still top.
All we know is it's looking harder than it was as we were tucking into our turkey.
(01-23-2020, 10:00 AM)wba13 Wrote: Don’t know why and don’t know if we can keep it going ,every time we have scored in a league game this season we have not lost. Just seems unique, I cannot remember us going this long that every time we score we do not lose. Probably end in Cardiff.  No team has hammered us this season in the 3 matches we lost we have always been in with a chance of getting a result right up to the 90th minute, I think that shows we never give up even when we aren’t playing well.

Talk about rose tinted specs. whats that saying - lies damned lies and statistics - 

while we're on quotes - good quote from dyche last night

strong fit and organised will never go out of fashion.

I do wonder how fit our squad are - philips, and livermore to name but two. - but good to see two albion old boys on the score sheet last night.
(01-23-2020, 10:00 AM)wba13 Wrote: Don’t know why and don’t know if we can keep it going ,every time we have scored in a league game this season we have not lost. Just seems unique, I cannot remember us going this long that every time we score we do not lose. Probably end in Cardiff.  No team has hammered us this season in the 3 matches we lost we have always been in with a chance of getting a result right up to the 90th minute, I think that shows we never give up even when we aren’t playing well.

Tells me that we need to score just to take a point from most matches.

For all the crying about strikers it’s the defence that needs looking at.
It's true what Dyche says. Strange thing about the Stoke games was we'd had a good long rest so there was no reason for players to look jaded.

As a side we looked to have dropped our intensity but I honestly believe it's complacency. Well it was to start with. Post Swansea I believe the players stepped off the pace for whatever reason. Even subconsciously. The problem is when that happens you have to turn it back on again and the longer you go without a win the momentum ebbs away.

We need a proper hard fought scruffy win. Perhaps having no Pereira/Grady might help us in that we now have to change how we play.

Straw clutching maybe but I think we can go to Cardiff and scrap a win.
We need to run more. I know this sounds a bit "TITC". But we have quality but we need to press hard and run between the lines more.

Earlier in the season Livermore was getting past the strikers often and Matty Phillips was getting tap ins at the back stick. At the minute we are keeping our shape and have become slow and predicable. We need to stretch teams and create the space for our flair players to win us games. It is times like this where having players like McLean who are happy to just run teams to death can help.
Thing against Stoke was that had we scored we'd not have lost either, but we didn't...

Am I right in thinking the most we've conceded is 2 in a game? Which also isn't that terrible.
(01-23-2020, 11:33 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote: We need to run more. I know this sounds a bit "TITC". But we have quality but we need to press hard and run between the lines more.

Earlier in the season Livermore was getting past the strikers often and Matty Phillips was getting tap ins at the back stick. At the minute we are keeping our shape and have become slow and predicable. We need to stretch teams and create the space for our flair players to win us games. It is times like this where having players like McLean who are happy to just run teams to death can help.

I think this is where Kyle could develop as someone to drive us forwards but at the minute like the mentioned McClean he doesn't know what to do for the best when he gets there
There was nowhere to run to against Stoke. Without a Grady who glides past players, wins the ball when he shouldnt, gets to the goalline, we don't have the key. Stoke just sat deep and watched us play square ahead of them. We had the answer all the time, on the bench.