Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just back - thoughts for today!
For all of Chadli's undoubted talent he has flattered to deceive at Spurs and with us.

He should now be in the prime of his career. if he had McCleans work ethic and commitment to go with his talent I guess he'd still be at Spurs. The problem is he's like many of today's pampered stars who don't seem to be that bothered.

If he does go and I'm beginning to think he will now let's hope we replace him with better than Sam Clucas and Gareth Barry.
Why is everyone assuming Barry is his replacement? Barry / Clucas is obviously Fletcher's replacement.
(08-13-2017, 05:38 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 04:44 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 03:38 PM)Ed_Hopper Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 02:29 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 01:32 PM)Ed_Hopper Wrote: Pulis' teams don't play to accommodate luxuries-they need ALL 11 on top of their game. They our they achieve the results they do.

...and why they probably wont ever achieve much more?

Would you prefer we carry players for the odd flash of brilliance?

Haven't said that at all.

Simply that TP struggles to integrate the type of players you need to push on for 50+ points. We will never bring the best out of Chadli whilst TP is in charge.

No need to get defensive over TP... His methods mean McClean can be a PL footballer.

So did Tottenham get the best out of Chadli? The best out of Chadli means he is sometimes great and a lot of time anonymous. His tenure at Tottenham bears this out as does the reason we could attract and afford him.

In Pochettino's first season he was electric, and finished in double figures for goals... The following season Spurs pushed into the top 4 and he was more of a bit part player, hence we signed him. 

If TP remains in charge, Chadli may as well go, as he will never get the freedom he needs to shine. TP is excellent at  building teams that are stronger than the sum of their individual parts, but his tenure here and at Stoke shows how he struggles to integrate players of Chadli's quality.

Personally speaking I'd sooner watch Chadli have one good game in 5, score goals, create chances and offer moments of skill than watch McClean track back, chase everything but contribute one goal a season - but I guess this is subjective.
It smacks of Pulis trying to coach the best out of Tuncay, if you have a play maker...let him play! He couldn't do it with Tuncay, one of the Clayheads most gifted players as DK confirmed but ultimately unless you "work aaaard" play 5 yards in front of the full back and run up hills in Austria you're fucked!

Alas CMac did all that and still gets locked in his dungeon ;-)

It's a shame to see him go as he certainly got you out of your seat at times and we don't have enough of them in the squad currently, more than one way to skin a cat...or win a game of football

Cuzer
(08-13-2017, 09:16 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 05:38 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 04:44 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 03:38 PM)Ed_Hopper Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 02:29 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote: ...and why they probably wont ever achieve much more?

Would you prefer we carry players for the odd flash of brilliance?

Haven't said that at all.

Simply that TP struggles to integrate the type of players you need to push on for 50+ points. We will never bring the best out of Chadli whilst TP is in charge.

No need to get defensive over TP... His methods mean McClean can be a PL footballer.

So did Tottenham get the best out of Chadli? The best out of Chadli means he is sometimes great and a lot of time anonymous. His tenure at Tottenham bears this out as does the reason we could attract and afford him.

In Pochettino's first season he was electric, and finished in double figures for goals... The following season Spurs pushed into the top 4 and he was more of a bit part player, hence we signed him. 

If TP remains in charge, Chadli may as well go, as he will never get the freedom he needs to shine. TP is excellent at  building teams that are stronger than the sum of their individual parts, but his tenure here and at Stoke shows how he struggles to integrate players of Chadli's quality.

Personally speaking I'd sooner watch Chadli have one good game in 5, score goals, create chances and offer moments of skill than watch McClean track back, chase everything but contribute one goal a season - but I guess this is subjective.

Having had a look, I did not realise he had such a good first season. Interestingly in that first season when he got 11 league goals he got injured and was not the same again

It seems history repeated itself with us. I think an in form Chadli behind Rodriguez would make us a better team. 

Pulis does talk a lot about getting better quality in but not many teams in the prem can carry talented passengers. There were games in the second half of last season where Chadli just could not be arsed to      Run to make space for a pass .
(08-13-2017, 09:57 PM)Cuzer14 Wrote: It smacks of Pulis trying to coach the best out of Tuncay, if you have a play maker...let him play! He couldn't do it with Tuncay, one of the Clayheads most gifted players as DK confirmed but ultimately unless you "work aaaard" play 5 yards in front of the full back and run up hills in Austria you're fucked!

It's a shame to see him go as he certainly got you out of your seat at times and we don't have enough of them in the squad currently, more than one way to skin a cat...or win a game of football

Cuzer

You mean like Sess and Phillips? Cmon it's not always Pulis's fault surely?
(08-14-2017, 01:27 AM)rickbaggie Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 09:57 PM)Cuzer14 Wrote: It smacks of Pulis trying to coach the best out of Tuncay, if you have a play maker...let him play! He couldn't do it with Tuncay, one of the Clayheads most gifted players as DK confirmed but ultimately unless you "work aaaard" play 5 yards in front of the full back and run up hills in Austria you're fucked!

Cuzer

You mean like Sess and Phillips? Cmon it's not always Pulis's fault surely?

It's always Pulis's fault.

Cuzer
(08-13-2017, 05:31 PM)Seen one wall Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 03:49 PM)Cuzer14 Wrote: No player should be carried, and I don't think Chadli ever was but ultiamtely there were games he almost single handidly won us the fixture, especially when he first came on board

It's generally a flash of brilliance which can often win you the fixture, all sides need em!

Cuzer

Which games?

Through ball for Morrison's goal against stoke was absolute class.

Rondon wasn't on the same wave length most of the time.