Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just back - thoughts for today!
(08-13-2017, 12:54 PM)Gewonenzow Wrote: Pleasantly suprised yesterday, both by the performance and the result. It was one of those days when you are reminded exactly how Pulis earns his corn. Hegazi, Nyom and Livermore were all excellent I thought. Bournemouth had the life squeezed out of them and, Nathan Ake apart, were nowhere near the standard I expected them to be. Good for us.

Rondon has taken some stick about his behaviour at the final whistle but I'm not convinced it's terminal with him. He was clearly frustrated at not being given more of an opportunity yesterday and his curled attempt at the end was an absolute peach - it was heading just inside the far post until Begovic got a touch. I think his frustration may have been amplified by being denied a very good goal.

Chadli, on the other hand, is 2/5 with the bookies. It looks like he'll be off.

We still need players as a matter of urgency.

100% spot on all of that

Should Chadli go, you have to back the manager, the concern as always is the case with us is getting the right bloke in to replace him

Whatever people think of him he's a shining light of creative when played and focussed properly, we've not got many of them in our squad

Cuzer
(08-13-2017, 01:10 PM)Cuzer14 Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 12:54 PM)Gewonenzow Wrote: Pleasantly suprised yesterday, both by the performance and the result. It was one of those days when you are reminded exactly how Pulis earns his corn. Hegazi, Nyom and Livermore were all excellent I thought. Bournemouth had the life squeezed out of them and, Nathan Ake apart, were nowhere near the standard I expected them to be. Good for us.

Rondon has taken some stick about his behaviour at the final whistle but I'm not convinced it's terminal with him. He was clearly frustrated at not being given more of an opportunity yesterday and his curled attempt at the end was an absolute peach - it was heading just inside the far post until Begovic got a touch. I think his frustration may have been amplified by being denied a very good goal.

Chadli, on the other hand, is 2/5 with the bookies. It looks like he'll be off.

We still need players as a matter of urgency.

100% spot on all of that

Should Chadli go, you have to back the manager, the concern as always is the case with us is getting the right bloke in to replace him

Whatever people think of him he's a shining light of creative when played and focussed properly, we've not got many of them in our squad

Cuzer

When the player can be arsed more like.
It takes two to tango HB

Cuzer
(08-13-2017, 01:14 PM)Cuzer14 Wrote: It takes two to tango HB

Cuzer

The player went missing for at least a third of the season. He only wants to do the nice stuff and as Tottenham fans alluded to he has significant propensity to go missing in games. A team like ours can benefit from his talents but only then the player plays as team rather than individual.
Pulis' teams don't play to accommodate luxuries-they need ALL 11 on top of their game. They our they achieve the results they do.
I was quietly impressed yesterday, I thought the 1st half particularly was the best I'd seen us in a while.

I thought, given the doom and gloom in the build up, the atmos in the ground was excellent.
(08-13-2017, 01:32 PM)Ed_Hopper Wrote: Pulis' teams don't play to accommodate luxuries-they need ALL 11 on top of their game. They our they achieve the results they do.

...and why they probably wont ever achieve much more?
(08-12-2017, 06:24 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 05:52 PM)Even Flow Wrote: Bit harsh on McClean but the rest is bang on. Field was fine but isn't ready for the first team yet.
Didn't mean it to sound harsh. I thought he had a good game, it's just unfortunate he's so limited as for all the effort and passion he shows he's in a position where he needs to contribute goals and assists or at the very least create chances, and sadly he's only really remembered for his defensive work.
That's fair.
(08-13-2017, 02:29 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 01:32 PM)Ed_Hopper Wrote: Pulis' teams don't play to accommodate luxuries-they need ALL 11 on top of their game. They our they achieve the results they do.

...and why they probably wont ever achieve much more?

Would you prefer we carry players for the odd flash of brilliance?
No player should be carried, and I don't think Chadli ever was but ultiamtely there were games he almost single handidly won us the fixture, especially when he first came on board

It's generally a flash of brilliance which can often win you the fixture, all sides need em!

Cuzer