Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just back - thoughts for today!
Only slight criticism today was on the break the ball could have been played sooner. When it was we could have scored of JROd's first touch had not taken it towards the defender. Great pass from Livermore.
He did look to lack that yard of pace he had pre injury Jay Rod it has to be said, twice he was just in behind the last defender and didn't have the pace to get away and shoot at goal

If you get the ball to him in and around the box though his eye for goal looks very impressive

Would love to see Chadli playing close to him but that's just me ;-)

Cuzer
(08-12-2017, 06:24 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 05:52 PM)Even Flow Wrote: Bit harsh on McClean but the rest is bang on. Field was fine but isn't ready for the first team yet.
Didn't mean it to sound harsh. I thought he had a good game, it's just unfortunate he's so limited as for all the effort and passion he shows he's in a position where he needs to contribute goals and assists or at the very least create chances, and sadly he's only really remembered for his defensive work.

Pity Phillips didn't ping it to McClean in the 2nd half when he was crying out for the ball, unmarked in acres of space with a clear view of the goal
Its amazing how people see different stuff.

McLean MOTM, followed by young Sam Field, for me. Field has so much composure for a young lad! McLean was a demon both going forwards and also when defending.

Great opening day win, and should settle us down. Get the 4 or 5 new guys in and get GMac, Mozza and Evans back in and we could be in business.

Happy clapping. AOTS.
JRod and everyone looked slow against Ake - he's like shit off the proverbial shovel.

Nyom MOTM for me - didn't put a foot wrong and barely misplace a pass - his best game in an Albion shirt.

I wouldn't like to play against us in that mood, our intensity was certainly a notch up from a Bournemouth team that have spent the money and are no mugs.
McLean was excellent and definitely an 8/10...chasing lost causes and forcing turnovers.

Nyom was a 9 as it was a near perfect performance and was my MOM.

The rest is about right.
Have to admit I wasn't happy when I saw the side as were many more in the pub.
But fair play to them it was an excellent performance and they really played as a team. Hegazi stand out for me but they all played well.
J. Rod deserved a goal for his first half performances iand t should have been more than 1-0.
(08-12-2017, 11:10 PM)Foo Fighters Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 06:24 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 05:52 PM)Even Flow Wrote: Bit harsh on McClean but the rest is bang on. Field was fine but isn't ready for the first team yet.
Didn't mean it to sound harsh. I thought he had a good game, it's just unfortunate he's so limited as for all the effort and passion he shows he's in a position where he needs to contribute goals and assists or at the very least create chances, and sadly he's only really remembered for his defensive work.

Pity Phillips didn't ping it to McClean in the 2nd half when he was crying out for the ball, unmarked in acres of space with a clear view of the goal

I guess Phillips knew what we all knew, and that it would probably end up somewhere in Smethwick!
Trouble is they cant all play like this all season, we need to support them with new players, quickly.
Pleasantly suprised yesterday, both by the performance and the result. It was one of those days when you are reminded exactly how Pulis earns his corn. Hegazi, Nyom and Livermore were all excellent I thought. Bournemouth had the life squeezed out of them and, Nathan Ake apart, were nowhere near the standard I expected them to be. Good for us.

Rondon has taken some stick about his behaviour at the final whistle but I'm not convinced it's terminal with him. He was clearly frustrated at not being given more of an opportunity yesterday and his curled attempt at the end was an absolute peach - it was heading just inside the far post until Begovic got a touch. I think his frustration may have been amplified by being denied a very good goal.

Chadli, on the other hand, is 2/5 with the bookies. It looks like he'll be off.

We still need players as a matter of urgency.