It appears to me that there is something severely wrong
(01-20-2020, 10:17 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 10:09 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: I can't quite put my finger on it, however from tonights display, I can certainly put my thought to paper if you will.

First off, let's think of the plus points, we have a fantastic team, we have a fantastic manager. 

There just seems to be something no quite right. Ever since the Swansea game. The Blues game we got away with. But back as far as start of December 2019, we've suddenly, forgot or unwilling in my point of view, how to play football.

I don't even care about tonight if I'm honest, I only care about getting back to the Prem and getting rid of Lai, but surely players and managers would understand the gravity of league position and local (ish) rivalry?

Why, does the team that smashed half the league, suddenly forget how to play football? They seem completely disinterested.

I like Slav, he's a nice guy, but what the hell happened to make us be incapable of passing a ball and scoring a goal. 

I've got a funny feeling something behind the scenes has happened, and all is not well, something has gone on... That wasn't Albion on the pitch tonight, very strange.

This isn't true though is it?
Even when results were going well there was few occasions when we won by more than 1 goal.
Very true that, Shabby.
(01-20-2020, 10:21 PM)clem4england Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 10:17 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 10:09 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: I can't quite put my finger on it, however from tonights display, I can certainly put my thought to paper if you will.

First off, let's think of the plus points, we have a fantastic team, we have a fantastic manager. 

There just seems to be something no quite right. Ever since the Swansea game. The Blues game we got away with. But back as far as start of December 2019, we've suddenly, forgot or unwilling in my point of view, how to play football.

I don't even care about tonight if I'm honest, I only care about getting back to the Prem and getting rid of Lai, but surely players and managers would understand the gravity of league position and local (ish) rivalry?

Why, does the team that smashed half the league, suddenly forget how to play football? They seem completely disinterested.

I like Slav, he's a nice guy, but what the hell happened to make us be incapable of passing a ball and scoring a goal. 

I've got a funny feeling something behind the scenes has happened, and all is not well, something has gone on... That wasn't Albion on the pitch tonight, very strange.

This isn't true though is it?
Even when results were going well there was few occasions when we won by more than 1 goal.
Very true that, Shabby.

Still knew how to put the ball in the net though didn't we?

I'm commenting that we have suddenly forgot how to play football and look disinterested....
The finger on what is wrong is Diangana, Ferguson and Gibbs. Two are brilliant going forward and one is brilliant at defending. We’ve just not coped with losing them as they are Premier Legaue players and the back ups in Zohore/Edwards for Diangana bares no comparison. Townsend is miles off Gibbs and Ferguson.

Slav has done an incredible job to put us top. I thought we’d be mid table best. Injuries have hit the team badly. The window has been open 20 days and we’ve not helped him out. My worry is the money just isn’t there and if we don’t go up then we are in the shit
(01-20-2020, 10:29 PM)aj21 Wrote: The finger on what is wrong is Diangana, Ferguson and Gibbs. Two are brilliant going forward and one is brilliant at defending. We’ve just not coped with losing them as they are Premier Legaue players and the back ups in Zohore/Edwards for Diangana bares no comparison. Townsend is miles off Gibbs and Ferguson.

Slav has done an incredible job to put us top. I thought we’d be mid table best. Injuries have hit the team badly. The window has been open 20 days and we’ve not helped him out. My worry is the money just isn’t there and if we don’t go up then we are in the shit

This. Without Diangana and Gibbs we are struggling to get past teams, leaving them defending deep and Albion passing the ball in front of them. Philips was a bit better tonight but he can't do it on his own. We need pace and width on the other side for us to stretch teams that sit back.