Conor Gallagher
(01-15-2020, 11:31 AM)Saw Cuzer Wrote: He’s a good player but I don’t see Swansea doing a Villa with the rest of their squad as it is

Cuzer

Swans 7th now. Don’t need to improve much to get in play offs. Guehl, Gallagher & Brewster potentially all top signings.

Last Two seasons the team who had the best January won the play offs.
(01-15-2020, 12:10 PM)B36baggie Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 11:31 AM)Saw Cuzer Wrote: He’s a good player but I don’t see Swansea doing a Villa with the rest of their squad as it is

Cuzer

Swans 7th now. Don’t need to improve much to get in play offs. Guehl, Gallagher & Brewster potentially all top signings.

Last Two seasons the team who had the best January won the play offs.

That won't be us then  Big Grin  Big Grin
He is a quality player but we were never going to be able to guarantee him starts. He’d have been silly to join.
I can't believe people are upset over Mings. He's crap. We took Holgate instead and he improved the side. We needed to replace Barnes and signed 2 that underachieved. We still needed that position strengthened though. Mings did tighten villa up, I'll give you that, but he really isn't very good.
(01-14-2020, 10:33 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 09:31 PM)Penny Black Baggie Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 05:38 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Was he the one Sam passed the ball to in the first minute, put it just wide?  Generally thought he looked ok but few of Charlton's players really stood out.  Probably not the game to make a judgement on him. Presumably Slav fancies him though and that'll do for me.

Sam who?

Johnstone

Story below also includes an update on Conor Gallagher. Albion were interested in the player. But would not meet Chelsea's demands that he had to start a set number of games. Now looks as though he is heading to Swansea on loan. #wba

He would have strengthened the squad but I couldn't see who he would have replaced in the starting XI. Livermore doesn't deserve to be dropped IMO, and Sawyers on his game would also be undroppable. Gallagher would have spent most of his time on the bench, barring injuries.
(01-15-2020, 06:39 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I can't believe people are upset over Mings. He's crap.   We took Holgate instead and he improved the side.  We needed to replace Barnes and signed 2 that underachieved.  We still needed that position strengthened though.   Mings did tighten villa up, I'll give you that, but he really isn't very good.

Mings was a massive improvement on what they had and his arrival added to Greasy's return to fitness effectively got them up. If we'd signed Mings instead we may well have still not gone up, but Villa definitely wouldn't have.

Even at £24m the money he earned in helping them get promoted is probably worth it, but he's absolutely nowhere near as good as they think and shouldn't even be within spitting distance of the England squad, let alone getting a run out!
(01-15-2020, 07:23 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 06:39 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I can't believe people are upset over Mings. He's crap.   We took Holgate instead and he improved the side.  We needed to replace Barnes and signed 2 that underachieved.  We still needed that position strengthened though.   Mings did tighten villa up, I'll give you that, but he really isn't very good.

Mings was a massive improvement on what they had and his arrival added to Greasy's return to fitness effectively got them up. If we'd signed Mings instead we may well have still not gone up, but Villa definitely wouldn't have.

Even at £24m the money he earned in helping them get promoted is probably worth it, but he's absolutely nowhere near as good as they think and shouldn't even be within spitting distance of the England squad, let alone getting a run out!

My thoughts exactly. The reason Bournemouth asked 24M for him is simply because villa (as usual), have more money than sense.     Anyone else would've asked,  "What would you take for your reserve centre half that you don't want?"