Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Brexiteers meet realty...l
(12-07-2017, 10:11 AM)Beano16 Wrote: The UK team are trying to square a circle that can't be squared, negotiation is about exchange not donation
which is all we have seen to date.

It's also the differences between how the British legal system works and the continental system of law.
(12-06-2017, 05:32 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Arf

Excellent. The first step of acceptance is always the most important. Now, can we start working on an end to all this madness by reaching a sensible solution that is deliverable and should be acceptable to a significant majority in the circumstances. Something Norwayish. The only downside will be seeing Farage and MDP in khaki.

Your suggestion on assuming to leave on WTO terms and working back from there is eminently sensible and should have been a cornerstone of the leave campaign.
It would have been beneficial in two ways.

1. It would have provided a plan, with a mandate, on how we leave 
  2. You wouldn't have won
It was the cornerstone of my Leave campaign. People in Bromsgrove District knew exactly what they were voting for.
(12-07-2017, 01:00 PM)Protheroe Wrote: It was the cornerstone of my Leave campaign. People in Bromsgrove District knew exactly what they were voting for.

At least one of the leaders of the leave campaign had integrity then.
(12-08-2017, 08:06 AM)Zoltanger Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 01:00 PM)Protheroe Wrote: It was the cornerstone of my Leave campaign. People in Bromsgrove District knew exactly what they were voting for.

At least one of the leaders of the leave campaign had integrity then.

Arf. I was far from the only one.