Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Brexiteers meet realty...l
(11-10-2017, 05:01 PM)Donegal Wrote: Oops

UK Trade deficit widened by £3bn to £9.5bn in 3m to Sept17; mainly due to increase in imports of goods

Blimey, why are we importing all this stuff when our economy is collapsing, hordes are leaving and our
trade will no longer be that important to those countries who will remain in the EU 

Perhaps the extra £6.5bn is for cauliflowers
(11-17-2017, 11:29 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Jenni Russells whine which I read on the train yesterday was contradicted by the facts on the front page. There are more EU workers in the UK than before the referendum, not fewer. She also speaks about "EU Economic Subsidies" as if the "EU" has money of its own.

I hear of collapse in agriculture and hospitality. Pay proper wages or go bust. It's a simple equation which will deal with Russell's whine about stagnant wages.

She cites a Treasury forecast about the future of our economy. Was this put together by the same Treasury that predicted we'd be in a deep recession by now? With a stock market collapse? Interest rate increases? Unemployment ballooning?

Watch that clip of Peter Shore I posted the other day. Nothing's changed since 1975. FEAR FEAR FEAR.

typical..............attack the woman. So there are more EU workers in the UK and more than likely unskilled. Anyway so what? Of course its tax payers money, but the point is those communities are going to affected by brexit and will need support. She dealt with the agricultural wages argument, you must have missed it. We are already worse off since the vote, inflation to 3% wasn't caused by printing money. Everybody is saying we are worse off and its gonna get worse. AND I think the real point is that we may well have been booming now if it weren't for brexit.
The media were giving out to McDonell yesterday re a run on the pound under labour
As if we haven't had a run on the pound under this inept cabal
Euro to pound 1.44 last year, 1.11 now
As I am on 'ignore' could someone point out Donefullogaul that his figures seem to be a little out.

The pound, on 31/12/2016, averaged 1.16 against the Euro.   Not quite 1.44 as stated. My social secretary, who buys hundred of thousands of Euros in single transactions for her employers informs me that she has never bought at that rate.

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/best-exchange-rates/british-pound-to-euro-exchange-rate-on-2016-12-31

Also, as he is a schadenfreund, U.K. hating, foreigner, how does he get the "we" in his hyperbolic missive?
(11-17-2017, 05:59 PM)Donegal Wrote: The media were giving out to McDonell yesterday re a run on the pound under labour

It was 1.44 in 2015. Around 1.15-1.2 in 2016
1.32 Jan 16
1.30 Jun 16
Your dates, my dates are All under the cabal
(11-17-2017, 05:59 PM)Donegal Wrote: The media were giving out to McDonell yesterday re a run on the pound under labour

I think you've confused the euro with the dollar there.
(11-17-2017, 03:54 PM)Pontificator Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 11:29 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Jenni Russells whine which I read on the train yesterday was contradicted by the facts on the front page. There are more EU workers in the UK than before the referendum, not fewer. She also speaks about "EU Economic Subsidies" as if the "EU" has money of its own.

I hear of collapse in agriculture and hospitality. Pay proper wages or go bust. It's a simple equation which will deal with Russell's whine about stagnant wages.

She cites a Treasury forecast about the future of our economy. Was this put together by the same Treasury that predicted we'd be in a deep recession by now? With a stock market collapse? Interest rate increases? Unemployment ballooning?

Watch that clip of Peter Shore I posted the other day. Nothing's changed since 1975. FEAR FEAR FEAR.

typical..............attack the woman. So there are more EU workers in the UK and more than likely unskilled. Anyway so what? Of course its tax payers money, but the point is those communities are going to affected by brexit and will need support. She dealt with the agricultural wages argument, you must have missed it. We are already worse off since the vote, inflation to 3% wasn't caused by printing money. Everybody is saying we are worse off and its gonna get worse. AND I think the real point is that we may well have been booming now if it weren't for brexit.

"Everybody is saying"

Everybody with an agenda, that is. It's clear that many of you are gutted we're not in a recession. Good grief.

You do understand why Cornwall & Grimsby voted to leave don't you? Because places like that have been ignored by government for generations.
(Yesterday, 12:41 PM)Protheroe Wrote: You do understand why Cornwall & Grimsby voted to leave don't you? Because places like that have been ignored by government for generations.

Indeed - and I think they'll be even moreso in 2 years time. You can add Wales and the far north of England to that list too.
(Yesterday, 05:23 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(Yesterday, 12:41 PM)Protheroe Wrote: You do understand why Cornwall & Grimsby voted to leave don't you? Because places like that have been ignored by government for generations.

Indeed - and I think they'll be even moreso in 2 years time. You can add Wales and the far north of England to that list too.

So we agree this has nothing to do with being in or out of the EU then? Good.