Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brexiteers meet realty...l
(08-04-2017, 04:28 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Is their another sort of capitalist?

Yes. There is.
(08-04-2017, 06:07 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 04:28 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Is their another sort of capitalist?

Yes. There is.

Describe them...
Me
(08-04-2017, 04:17 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 10:40 AM)Pontificator Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 08:02 AM)Protheroe Wrote: You're scraping the barrel hard this morning.

'ave some of this then

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...trade-deal

Bravo. You've found a whine from another big-state crony-capitalist arch-Remainer.

I remember making the points about who would do the trade negotiations when discussing the referendum with a leave voter. It was pointed out well before the vote that the EU  would eat us for breakfast. As usual  you play the man because you have nothing more to offer apart from platitudes and sarcasm. The Tory party is a busted flush and most MPs have voted for self preservation and  narrow party interest in triggering A50.
I think you May (ahem) be right about the Tory Party being a busted flush *currently*. It has tremendous powers of self preservation however.

It's not playing the man to point out Baron Adonis of Camden Town (look it up) is a fully paid up member of the crony-capitalist establishment elite. He just is. Look at his history, see who his main sponsors have been. It's not platitudes or sarcasm . I know many of you don't like historical facts but there they are. He is what he is.
(08-04-2017, 09:08 PM)Protheroe Wrote: I think you May (ahem) be right about the Tory Party being a busted flush *currently*. It has tremendous powers of self preservation however.

It's not playing the man to point out Baron Adonis of Camden Town (look it up) is a fully paid up member of the crony-capitalist establishment elite. He just is. Look at his history, see who his main sponsors have been. It's not platitudes or sarcasm . I know many of you don't like historical facts but there they are. He is what he is.

What difference does it make if Adonis is who he is. It's what hes saying that is important. When all the deals have been done and it is clear that we will be considerably worse off the only decision is when the next referendum will be not if there will be a referendum.
What he's saying is his opinion.

Are you suggesting his opinion isn't informed by his time in government sponsored by arch-Remainers Blair, Brown & Osborne?

Are you suggesting that this isn't part of a narrative by the Establishment to discredit Brexit so things can go on as they have before?

Do the views of Blair, Brown, Osborne and other uber-Remainers have any credibility when between them they crashed our economy and applaud Mark Carney as he throws petrol on the smouldering carcass?

I wonder what side you lot are on sometimes, then I remind myself that you all reckon the Deep State can be a benign influence.

The vote to Leave the EU remains the greatest anti-Establishment act in modern Britsh political history. It's terrifying all the right people - like Blair, Osborne & Baron A of Camden Town.
(08-04-2017, 09:55 PM)Protheroe Wrote: What he's saying is his opinion.

Are you suggesting his opinion isn't informed by his time in government sponsored by arch-Remainers Blair, Brown & Osborne?

Are you suggesting that this isn't part of a narrative by the Establishment to discredit Brexit so things can go on as they have before?

Do the views of Blair, Brown, Osborne and other uber-Remainers have any credibility when between them they crashed our economy and applaud Mark Carney as he throws petrol on the smouldering carcass?

I wonder what side you lot are on sometimes, then I remind myself that you all reckon the Deep State can be a benign influence.

The vote to Leave the EU remains the greatest anti-Establishment act in modern Britsh political history. It's terrifying all the right people - like Blair, Osborne & Baron A of Camden Town.

To be filled with another establishment. Meanwhile the huge corporations will still call the tune, the wealthy will still be wealthy, the landed gentry will still have their land. As with the banking crash the people who will suffer the most will be ordinary people but it'll all be worth it because we got our country back whatever the feck that means in regards to the planet!
(08-04-2017, 09:55 PM)Protheroe Wrote: What he's saying is his opinion.

Is it possible  for you to talk about each issue instead of a debate about, the establishment, Blair and Brown crashing the economy which they didn't (world wide crash) Osborne actually crashing the economy, the NHS, education, care, prisons and virtually every other public service etc.
The problem is Ponty, that you can't debate entirely linked issues in isolation can you?

Without the debt crisis there would have been no vote to leave the EU.

The debt to GDP ratio is 90%. The honest figure of debt to tax revenue is 266%. We still haven't played out the debt crisis at all. Everything in politics is linked to that.

Deal with the debt crisis and you'll go a long way to dealing with everything else.