Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Brexiteers meet realty...l
(11-21-2017, 10:00 AM)Beano16 Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 08:32 AM)Donegal Wrote: UK will do whatever the EU asks

I am afraid that is looking to be the scenario with those negotiating on our behalf, but despite agreeing
to pay more, I fully expect that the EU team will simply up the stakes and throw the next spanner in the
wheel just as we expect talks on trade to begin. That is the way this will continue.

This is not a negotiation, it is a series of blackmail demands and unless the UK team get tough and break
the grip of Germany and France it will get worse.

It will do what it wants because it holds all the cards
The Brexiters will spout crap like "oh but it wants our market to sell us their cars" Germany sells 7.5% of its cars to UK. Hardly worth a fiddlers fart in the grand scheme of things

As I said a year ago a decent UK position would have been one grounded in honesty and reality. Continually lying to the UK public that the UK has some negotiating power is blatant incompetence. It's all been about playing to the gallery 

The EU just behaves like this. It's the way it is and not a bad reason to get out. See Greece. 

A more honest negotiation would have been
"Ok you are gonna fuck us over on the bill, here is our solution for Northern Ireland, here is a very realistic proposal for EU people living in UK, now can we talk about trading agreement"

Back in July Sir Nigel Sheinwald, Britain’s former ambassador to the EU, Said that there was now a “one-in-three” chance of Brexit talks collapsing unless the UK drastically reset its plans. He warned that the government still appeared to be “defending a set of propositions that feel tired and totally unrealistic and removed from the realities of these negotiations”. He said a serious offer on future payments was needed, as well as support for a “very substantial transition period” that was similar to Britain’s current EU links.

This deluded clusterfuck of a cabal purporting be a government in the UK I wouldn't trust with boiling a fucking egg
(11-21-2017, 10:10 AM)Donegal Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 10:00 AM)Beano16 Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 08:32 AM)Donegal Wrote: UK will do whatever the EU asks

I am afraid that is looking to be the scenario with those negotiating on our behalf, but despite agreeing
to pay more, I fully expect that the EU team will simply up the stakes and throw the next spanner in the
wheel just as we expect talks on trade to begin. That is the way this will continue.

This is not a negotiation, it is a series of blackmail demands and unless the UK team get tough and break
the grip of Germany and France it will get worse.

This deluded clusterfuck of a cabal purporting be a government in the UK I wouldn't trust with boiling a fucking egg

It better have a little lion on it
When you ask the government how are the talks going?

[Image: 23755298_1520977537990764_44969614230828...e=5AA632CD]

(11-21-2017, 03:57 PM)Beano16 Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 10:10 AM)Donegal Wrote: This deluded clusterfuck of a cabal purporting be a government in the UK I wouldn't trust with boiling a fucking egg

It better have a little lion on it

It will certainly be past its sell-by date.
What have the Brextremists ever done for us? .....apart from devaluing the £, landing us with a 40bn euro bill,destabilising Northern Ireland,losing two European HQs, our place on the ICJ and passporting rights

Campbell the claret

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/201...SApp_Other

And now the dreaded EU charter is gonna be kept

Seems to me post Brexit UK will look very similar to pre Brexit UK
But you'll have your country back ( I think...though I don't know what it means)
With Goldman Sachs going, the European Medicine Agency gone, and international investors in confusion, it might be an idea to reinvent the UK as an experiential economy. With a simple repeal of the hunting ban, the UK can ride proudly as a foxhunting destination for Russian oligarchs. That, and a whitewashing of global dirty money, will keep 65 million people employed.
The ongoing price of Brexit.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl...733900.cms
(11-22-2017, 08:41 AM)Montserratbaggie Wrote: The ongoing price of Brexit.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl...733900.cms

So? A little pain for everyone especially the poorer working families will be worth it in the long run when Britain will once again be a major player on the world scene.
(11-22-2017, 07:21 AM)Pneumann Wrote: With Goldman Sachs going

They're not. What on Earth would make you think that they are?

Their CEO touring Europe to set up a satellite office in order to satisfy the EU's regulatory requirements for trades that will be mirrored in London does not a relocation make.

There are 500,000 finance jobs in the Square Mile alone. Frankfurt, the pretender to London's crown, has a total population of 718,000.
Thought the headline was a bit harsh on the German and the Greek.

[Image: DPC-V32UMAAY9tU.jpg]