Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Action Speak Louder Than Words
Yesterday Deutsche Bank signed a 25-year lease on 469,000 sq ft of prime London office space with an option to expand further at a later date.

About 5,000 employees will move to the new HQ when it is completed in 2023, 4 years after UK is due to exit from the EU.

That's the same Deutsche Bank that just last month stoked up remainstream media headlines with its warning that it would downsize its London operations.
I thought this was going to be about Maybots delivery of fuck all for the JAMS

Or delivery of fuck all of fuck all come to think of it
I'm over joyed. I will let the community know that in a year or two they will have their library back.
Arf. Such misery when the world's so beautiful. I'm going to dance through the rain to my first meeting this morning....
(08-03-2017, 08:27 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I'm over joyed. I will let the community know that in a year or two they will have their library back.

For all the uproar over libraries being closed, does anyone either use or know someone that uses them?
(08-03-2017, 08:43 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 08:27 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I'm over joyed. I will let the community know that in a year or two they will have their library back.

For all the uproar over libraries being closed, does anyone either use or know someone that uses them?

Yes you Philistine ;Wink my family love reading and the oldest will read a Harry Potter sized book in a couple of days. If we brought him ten books a month etc it would cost a fortune. Community groups use them, people from poorer backgrounds use the for the internet etc.

It may also explain why he's top academically in his class and can communicate with more than a grunt compared to some of his friends who are glued to a screen all day.

(08-03-2017, 08:32 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Arf. Such misery when the world's so beautiful. I'm going to dance through the rain to my first meeting this morning....

I'm still rejoicing that you're happy that the sector that plunged the world into recession is still willing to 'invest' in the U.K. Happy days and btw it's sunny here.
I do, although I also take your point. My issue with it would be the lack of investment in postmodern alternatives.

As for Proth and his stats, itll be great when it starts filetering through into a prosperous society for all. Probably once the #leastworst have been removed at the next election.

Good point, not me or my kids being totally honest, can you get a rate rebate for this I wonder Big Grin
Merrill Lynch opening in London as well. 

But that doesn't match the stream of companies leaving.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ma...01661.html

My wife has a PT job at our local one. I thought the same as you but they are indeed still used though not necessarily for the loan of books. The range of services they offer now is quite wide. I think they are highly valued by some, especially in smaller communities. I was very surprised to learn from my wife that over half of the libraries in Staffordshire are now run by volunteers which I think is scandalous. Sadly, I think that stat will only increase as council budgets get squeezed still further.