Club Shop
(01-04-2020, 04:30 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 03:06 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 06:42 AM)4-hero Wrote: Apart from the (overpriced) Puma stuff the rest of the blue /grey stuff in there is woeful,  as for 'retro' shirts I noticed Umbro have started doing them (70s Vile/Everton/Arsenal etc) complete with branding, if our Umbro Regis top was recreated in this way it would sell in minutes.

I've just seen these. They look great (apart from The Seals ones) and authentic. They are well priced as well. Wish they did our 78 shirt with the diamonds.
Those ones are going for about 150/200 quid on Ebay

I wouldn't pay that. Not bothered about being genuine 70s, just a decent copy
I'm always suspicious whether they really want to sell too many 'retro' shirts. I have an unfounded feeling they would rather us keep the habit of buying a 'new season' kit every year. Us keeping our money in our pocket and wearing the same timeless 'retro' shirt season after season might get in the way of that.
(01-04-2020, 04:50 PM)fuzzbox Wrote: I'm always suspicious whether they really want to sell too many 'retro' shirts. I have an unfounded feeling they would rather us keep the habit of buying a 'new season' kit every year. Us keeping our money in our pocket and wearing the same timeless 'retro' shirt season after season might get in the way of that.

I think it depends on your age, Fuzz.

I've bought plenty of kits in my younger days, but now I'm 50 I think I would look silly in a current kit, so would rather wear a retro.

Not knocking those oldies who wear modern kit - just not for me!
(01-04-2020, 04:56 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 04:50 PM)fuzzbox Wrote: I'm always suspicious whether they really want to sell too many 'retro' shirts. I have an unfounded feeling they would rather us keep the habit of buying a 'new season' kit every year. Us keeping our money in our pocket and wearing the same timeless 'retro' shirt season after season might get in the way of that.

I think it depends on your age, Fuzz.

I've bought plenty of kits in my younger days, but now I'm 50 I think I would look silly in a current kit, so would rather wear a retro.

Not knocking those oldies who wear modern kit - just not for me!
Same here Kkc I wear a retro 78/79 top and still wear my scarf tied in exactly the same way as 40 odd years ago just don't tie one around my wrist anymore though  Big Grin
I've got TOFFS 60s and 78 tops and also still occasionally wear my 90s home and away tops (Guests blue and yellow away). I'd love an Umbro Regis one though.. all time classic.

I have to agree. That 54 kit is a thing of beauty but a bit too old even for an ode'un like me. The Regis kit would appeal to all.