Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devastating2
2 million marched against the Iraq war but their claims and anxieties which mainly proved to be correct were ignored by the politicians who thought they knew best.

Every so often the failed politicians need to be reminded of their responsibilities and that if organised correctly the extraordinary people of this country still hold power and don't rely on marking a cross in a box every 5 years to change their lives
(08-02-2017, 02:16 PM)Great Bridge Wrote: 2 million marched against the Iraq war but their claims and anxieties which mainly proved to be correct were ignored by the politicians who thought they knew best.

Every so often the failed politicians need to be reminded of their responsibilities and that if organised correctly the extraordinary people of this country still hold power and don't rely on marking a cross in a box every 5 years to change their lives

Are you advocating the Poll Tax style riots?
(08-02-2017, 12:09 PM)Heath Wrote: I think large scale civil unrest is a matter of time - particularly if May clings on for more than a year.

I believe you are right; the writing is on the wall. I've been thinking it for a while. When Thatcher took on the miners she was clever enough to have police on her side to batter them. May wont have them on her side, they hate her and there aren't enough of them. There will troops on the streets and the rehearsal following the recent terrorist incident drew little comment. The idea that it couldn't happen in 2017 is fucking stupid. Reds to left of us and Torys to the right of us.
(08-02-2017, 03:32 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 02:16 PM)Great Bridge Wrote: 2 million marched against the Iraq war but their claims and anxieties which mainly proved to be correct were ignored by the politicians who thought they knew best.

I presume you are referring to the disturbances in central London when a huge peaceful March was attacked by the police and ended in hundreds civilians and police in hospital. The media showed the marchers attacking police first but 20 years later were forced to admit that due  government pressure they showed the film in the wrong order?
(08-02-2017, 05:12 PM)Great Bridge Wrote:

I presume you are referring to the disturbances in central London when a huge peaceful March was attacked by the police and ended in hundreds civilians and police in hospital. The media showed the marchers attacking police first but 20 years later were forced to admit that due  government pressure they showed the film in the wrong order?

My opinion is this, my family have worked ludicrous hours to build up a business for over a century and I don't want a handful of thugs to start marching down the street looking to burn, wreck and rob simply because they don't like what the government is doing. This was a similar scenario the last time their was widespread civil unrest where business owners had to barricade their shops and march around the parameters in Birmingham and the wider Black Country. The cause of anger that time seem loosely based on wanting some Adidas or Nike trainers and some nice tech for their lounge. 

Sorry Great Bridge I don't trust any civil unrest tot to be hijacked by people looking to cause trouble so I'm definitely out!
(08-02-2017, 05:25 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

My opinion is this, my family have worked ludicrous hours to build up a business for over a century and I don't want a handful of thugs to start marching down the street looking to burn, wreck and rob simply because they don't like what the government is doing. This was a similar scenario the last time their was widespread civil unrest where business owners had to barricade their shops and march around the parameters in Birmingham and the wider Black Country. The cause of anger that time seem loosely based on wanting some Adidas or Nike trainers and some nice tech for their lounge. 

Sorry Great Bridge I don't trust any civil unrest tot to be hijacked by people looking to cause trouble so I'm definitely out!

There's always administration roles available too.....
(08-02-2017, 05:49 PM)Great Bridge Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 05:25 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

There's always administration roles available too.....

Hi Momentum