Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devastating2
(07-31-2017, 08:02 PM)Protheroe Wrote: I can make a devastating critique of the Tory party too Ponty. It'd be very different from Matthew's. But all the same it won't change anything.

Please do. I know you've touched on elements of it but I'd like to see it in its full glory.
(07-31-2017, 08:02 PM)Protheroe Wrote: I can make a devastating critique of the Tory party too Ponty. It'd be very different from Matthew's. But all the same it won't change anything.

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil
(08-01-2017, 06:11 AM)Bratislava Baggie Wrote:

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil

You haven't been paying attention have you?
http://eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=86556

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017...h-revealed

What the fuck is going on in this country and really how long are the proletariat going to put up with it?
I think large scale civil unrest is a matter of time - particularly if May clings on for more than a year.
(08-02-2017, 12:09 PM)Heath Wrote: I think large scale civil unrest is a matter of time - particularly if May clings on for more than a year.

Insurrection positively encouraged by the supposedly responsible shadow chancellor

(08-02-2017, 12:18 PM)Strawman Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 12:09 PM)Heath Wrote: I think large scale civil unrest is a matter of time - particularly if May clings on for more than a year.

Insurrection positively encouraged by the supposedly responsible shadow chancellor

Is all insurrection bad then?
(08-02-2017, 12:25 PM)Great Bridge Wrote:

Depends for example if rioting occurs and innocent people and business's are damaged by idiots after some trainers or a bag of family sized rice.
Farage has talking it up for ages...

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/bnk7x...-hotel-022

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/express...ing-Brexit
(08-02-2017, 12:25 PM)Great Bridge Wrote:

In a non-democratic country in an effort to achieve democracy probably not. 

But it seems that McDonnell doesn't like our kind of democracy, he has a point when he says that our system amounts to dictatorship between elections (or words to that effect), but that is what we vote for and it's currently the best system we have and I didn't see Labour trying to change it when they were in Government. At at least you have the chance to change Governments periodically.

Calling for insurrection obviously only appeals to those that agree with him. What if the other opinion decides to oppose - civil war, riots, violence, innocent people getting hurt? 

We have a long history of respecting democratic votes even if we are totally in disagreement with them and of course everyone has the right to voice an opinion and to demonstrate, but to call for insurrection because it's democracy that doesn't suit is a step too far. If he wants to change things then use the democratic process not call for insurrection and a million people on the streets, IMO that is not the mark of a responsible politician, it's the mark of a rabble rouser.